• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link's Alternate Colors!

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman

Haha! These just reek awesomeness!

Here's the order:

Normal (Green)
Black (Dark)
Green (Origional Link!)
Purple
Blue
Red

I love the added touch with origional young Link! Sweet!

Parassita

Smash Apprentice
We can all expect a lot of people who just pick up Brawl and unlock Toon Link to choose to be Evil TL immediately... especially online. I kind of hope that's not true though!

-Knux-

Smash Ace
We can all expect a lot of people who just pick up Brawl and unlock Toon Link to choose to be Evil TL immediately... especially online. I kind of hope that's not true though!
It'll happen just the same as it will happen with Dark Link, Dark Fox, Raven Falco, Gold-Shell Bowser, Fire Mario, Yeti DK, Waluigi Luigi, Dark Zelda/Sheik, and so on. Pretty much the "cool" costumes that most of the people agree are the neatest looking.

And Dark Wolf in my sig. xD

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
Crap, I'd be more motivated to use Toon Link if he had the starting clothes in Windwaker.

Ohwells~ It was quite obvious that he'd have the four sword colors. Retro Link is a surprising one. Dark Link was obvious, but it looks cool.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I love the fact that Sakurai included the original Link. I expected more Four Swords type colors.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That one was confirmed as a trophy.

And I don't think people really realize that the colors are all that can change. The physics and mechanics of such a complex game would be hard to alter. For instance, with that costume, Link would have no hat. That would change the physics of how every move he makes works, since his hat moves in a certain way already.

I don't mean to sound obnoxious or anything, but it's something that a lot of people don't realize. That's why Wario had to have almost a whole new character added for his overalls form; his clothes just move differently.

Goth Luigi

Smash Rookie
CULate err

I like Purple and Dark (black). He's a really cool character, wasn't expecting him in brawl.

ryukotsusei

Smash Rookie
dark and NES link FTW you know originally i couldn't think how toon link would fit in but now that I see him I'm sooooo gonna main him

~ryu~

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
For some reason, the red really doesn't appeal to me. I was always red for YLink and Adult Link in Melee. hmm.....well, haven't seen them first hand, maybe my opinion will change, but so far, green and purple are the only two that look nice to me.

Mario161

Smash Cadet
The Dark Link looks a little too creepy... Maybe it's just the way he's standing...

EON_MagicMan

Smash Cadet

And I don't think people really realize that the colors are all that can change. The physics and mechanics of such a complex game would be hard to alter. For instance, with that costume, Link would have no hat. That would change the physics of how every move he makes works, since his hat moves in a certain way already.

I don't mean to sound obnoxious or anything, but it's something that a lot of people don't realize. That's why Wario had to have almost a whole new character added for his overalls form; his clothes just move differently.
You're not being obnoxious so much as you're being ignorant.

The way animations work is with 'bones'. That is, each character is rigged up like a puppet and then animated. This also means that you can rig different character models up to these different bones. There are some discrepencies that have to get sorted out manually, but it's not like you're suggesting.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
The Dark Toon Link one (which I think looks weird) and Original Link are cool costumes, but the ones I thought of would've cooler IMO...

Assuming all characters in Brawl have the same number of Costumes, these ones could've replaced a few. Dark Toon Link, because I think looks weird, could've just been a black outer shirt, and a gray/white inner shirt. Instead of Original Link, it could've been either OoT cel-shaded, or the Island Shirt. If there are characters that have more costumes than others, the ones I said could've been added (except maybe the black and gray just because I think the Dark one looks wierd XD )

Edit:

Just as Eon_MagicMan said, I don't think just because the costume is different means the characters has to move differently. Costumes don't add "stats" to Brawl, just a different look. The features in the costume are made to look realistic: Link's hat bounces around and blows back if there's wind, but if it's not there, Link will still be blown back the same length from Woody Woods (not really sure of the name right now).
Was there really any proof that Wario moves differently with his original costume opposed to his Wario Ware one. The only "costume" that changes his "stats" is the Super Wario one in his FS right?

ZzvSpecial22

Smash Rookie

They could have just made his hat transparent, sort of like the cloaking device effect. The hat would still be moving, but you wouldn't see it.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I'm actually not enjoying many of the colors. Standard, Retro, and Purple are the only ones appealing to me. Red is USUALLY my favorite, as I was always red for Link and YLink in Melee, but red on our Hero of Winds doesn't work for me.
Oh well, that's three to swap from, not TOO bad a list.

But yeah, they should've given him some more stuff, like maybe the bird hat and such. Shame, not even Link got cool stuff like that. Hate how they only gave that too Wario. Even though they HAVE a special outfit ready for Toon Link, the outset outfit! BAH!

I might have to secondary Snake, just so I have a character who has ALL cool color swaps! MWUAHAHA

Top Bottom