• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon link vs. Link

Roydrevil

Smash Rookie
I know that everyone is always saying toon link is better then regular link but I disagree. The most common argument for toon link is that he's faster and has priority. However links prowess has always lied in the fact that he can utilize his projectiles and fairly long sword reach to keep his distance from his opponents thus making for a very powerful defensive strategy in which you can avoid taking damage as well as leave openings for attacks by stunning people with projectiles. That being said toon link's priority doesn't do jack when up against twilight link who has a far superior sword reach. Furthermore toon link may be a faster runner but with the drawback of having weaker attacks. I've been playing link since the first smash bros. came out and when i tried toon link I didn't feel he worked well enough for me mostly because of his short sword. Also toon link's spin attack pulls you in unlike twilight link's spin attack which again allows opponents to get more of an opportunity to get close and attack. After pointing that out I'd really like to know what people think cause i still am considering maybe switching to toon link but i need someone else's opinion.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
TL is also a smaller target, with better arials, better physics in his smashes (F-smash, D-Smash), and much better comboability.

It's all just personal preference, however.

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
If I smash Link off the stage at 50% he's not coming back. If I knock smash TL of the stage at 50% he'll be back on the stage in seconds.

Neodaft_boy

Smash Cadet
It's hard to agree with Link technically being better then Toon Link... he's fast, does good damage, had good knock back, and his moves have better physics. (most of which was mentioned above)

Personally, I like using Link... the major flaw with the comparisons set aside is that Link has a very bad time recovering because of his weight.

I'm quite a fan of Link up-smash though ^^;

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Toon Link practically makes it back to the stage no matter what. His recovery's ridiculous (in a good way.. =) ). And you cant just say ones better man, they both have their strengths and weaknesses and all that stuff. =P

Dark Crimson

Smash Apprentice
Link's too heavy. And he doesn't have a lot of power to make up for it. His specials are too slow, although that one auto-arrow technique is pretty useful, and you can't do that as well with TL.

Top Bottom