• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link - Too Low on the Teir List?

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
The predictability of his hyphen smash DOES allow for some mindgame shenanigans, though. Run at someone, wait for them to shield or dodge, run PAST them, jump-canceled bomb in the back of the head. :)

He may not be great, but he's fun. That's what matters.

BlueShield

Smash Cadet
The predictability of his hyphen smash DOES allow for some mindgame shenanigans, though. Run at someone, wait for them to shield or dodge, run PAST them, jump-canceled bomb in the back of the head. :)

He may not be great, but he's fun. That's what matters.
Nice, TL really is one of the best chartacters to mess with people, right? My power is FUN. :dizzy:

BlueShield

Smash Cadet
You know, I dont get what that Richard guy was saying? Either I'm really dumb at using TL but what did he mean when he said "using the FSmash faster"? Faster?

Edit: Dumb double post... :(

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
what he meant was you can delay the second strike of Fsmash by not pressing anything for like a second. So what he meant, is using Fsmash it its NORMAL speed. You aren't using it faster you are simply using it without delay. What he didn't get, was that characters who can escape Fsmash can escape it whether or not you delay.

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
Link's ability to tack on another fSmash in case his first is blocked = useful.

Toon Link's necessity to hit with that second strike = GAY.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i never understood what they were thinking. The move is MEANT to be a natural combo but fails horribly thus rendering one of his smash attacks almost useless on some characters. The only way to pull it off on floaty characters is if they have no idea that they can escape it or you delay the second hit and mind game them into thinking you canceled it.

BlueShield

Smash Cadet
But the first strike has its uses, some uses... Since its pretty fast you could use it to rack up the 10% it gives the opponent. Then cancel the second strike and dodge roll backwards during the splitsecond the opponent is stunned. It has its mindgames too, by using the first stratefy you could keep doing that and then suddenly go on with the second strike and the opponent wont see it coming. But still useless on floaty characters... Just a small strat for decent people who use big characters.

Top Bottom