• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Kills at under 30%

Stilll Alive

Smash Cadet
Very strange kill, don't know if the game glitched or we found some weird undiscovered mechanic

Spirst

Since it's a multihit move, there's knockback on the first hit that's supposed to be followed with the second hit. However, since the second hit never landed, the knockback from the first hit was never canceled and so this happened. The same thing can occur with Mii Brawler's "one inch punch" technique by using the up b so that the early hit, which does extreme vertical knockback, is the only thing that hits rather than the successive hits that are there to negate it.

Stilll Alive

Smash Cadet
Since it's a multihit move, there's knockback on the first hit that's supposed to be followed with the second hit. However, since the second hit never landed, the knockback from the first hit was never canceled and so this happened. The same thing can occur with Mii Brawler's "one inch punch" technique by using the up b so that the early hit, which does extreme vertical knockback, is the only thing that hits rather than the successive hits that are there to negate it.
Is it well known that toon link has this??

T0MMY

Smash Master
Considering it was compared to the One Inch Punch, does this mean Toon Link/TL's D-Smash will be subject of ban controversy? Or will people give up the whole "ban everything that doesn't benefit me" campaign?

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
This happened to me in one of my matches. I killed a Little Mac player at like 20 something Percent. Its pretty broken I must admit. but I don't think it'll get patched or changed.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Considering it was compared to the One Inch Punch, does this mean Toon Link/TL's D-Smash will be subject of ban controversy? Or will people give up the whole "ban everything that doesn't benefit me" campaign?
Sounds like Smogon lol. The only things I think should be banned right now is: certain wind box custom moves, stuff like this, and pikachu and game and watch being teamed up. Those are the only things I feel make it way too easy to win with. We want to see skill in tournaments, not people using the stuff I mentioned above to make you win without any effort.

some beautiful rolling in this vid
Looks like the pvp in Dark Souls (though I have not played either of the games)

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
lol, rolling isn't bad in this game though (;

T0MMY

Smash Master
Sounds like Smogon lol. The only things I think should be banned right now is: certain wind box custom moves, stuff like this, and pikachu and game and watch being teamed up. Those are the only things I feel make it way too easy to win with. We want to see skill in tournaments, not people using the stuff I mentioned above to make you win without any effort.
I disagree about banning ANYTHING right now. Seriously, if Pikachu/Game&Watch is so good then play that team or find a way to counter them, it's seriously the scrubbiest thing to hear someone say to ban anything so early in the game without letting the metagame develop. Good players will start finding out that maybe reflecting the oil wrecks the team or Villager may pocket it or just find out something just as good or better to shut it down. But it won't ever be known if it's just banned right off hand and then starts a slippery slope of banning anything else people just think is "too good" (which is strictly against competitive philosophy).

Stilll Alive

Smash Cadet
I disagree about banning ANYTHING right now. Seriously, if Pikachu/Game&Watch is so good then play that team or find a way to counter them, it's seriously the scrubbiest thing to hear someone say to ban anything so early in the game without letting the metagame develop. Good players will start finding out that maybe reflecting the oil wrecks the team or Villager may pocket it or just find out something just as good or better to shut it down. But it won't ever be known if it's just banned right off hand and then starts a slippery slope of banning anything else people just think is "too good" (which is strictly against competitive philosophy).
Agreed, I mean if it becomes prevalent that's a different story, in other words if we end up with a ice climber situation I think that might constitute a ban maybe

T0MMY

Smash Master
But Ice Climbers were never banned... professionally speaking the response would be "don't get grabbed".
If you have a completely OP tech/strat then you utilize it yourself or find a way to counter it. If not, well, then it just opens a whole area of getting more things banned and destroys the image of the game competitively (one of the main issues that I believe lead to the decline with Brawl was all the complaints and rulings which gave the image of a non-competitive game).

Unholy_Moly

Smash Rookie
NNID
magnetpull
3DS FC
2852-7757-3136
*gulp*

To the point of bans, I honestly don't think anything should be banned unless it's insanely stupid (MK's Infinite Dimensional Cape, I'm looking at you). It stifles the drive for victory in a community and even worse, stifles creativity in responding to the adversity of what could be perceived as a "cheap" strategy.

Top Bottom