• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link in SSE (pic)

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
Well no one actually knows what his exact role will be,unless you have the game (I guess).Well I thought I would start a little discussion.Here is a picture,(not mine).

I am really curious to know what exactly what will he do.Unless they for some reason go back to Link's past,or it will be a DBZ type thing,where like he kinda travels to the future or something.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
TECHNICALLY, Toon Link and Link are two completely different people. Link is from Twilight Princess, which I believe comes after Ocarina of Time in the chronological history of the Zelda franchise. Toon Link is from the Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass games, which is set WAYYYYYYY in the future/past (I forgot which one) of the previously mentioned games.

So it wouldn't be a time paradox to see them both in the Subspace Emissary.

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Though Link would be like, 100 years old, if he met Toon Link. xD

EDIT: Wasn't it 100 years after the events of OoT? Maybe I'm just imagining things.

MrLegend

Smash Apprentice
No, TP and WW are in the same timeline. TP takes place a hundred or more years after OoT and WW takes place thousands of years later. Please don't turn this into a Zelda timeline discussion. Its Smash, they don't need to follow timeline.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
TECHNICALLY, Toon Link and Link are two completely different people. Link is from Twilight Princess, which I believe comes after Ocarina of Time in the chronological history of the Zelda franchise. Toon Link is from the Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass games, which is set WAYYYYYYY in the future/past (I forgot which one) of the previously mentioned games.

So it wouldn't be a time paradox to see them both in the Subspace Emissary.
Actually, it would be a paradox because The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess take place at the same time in alternate timelines.

No, TP and WW are in the same timeline. TP takes place a hundred or more years after OoT and WW takes place thousands of years later. Please don't turn this into a Zelda timeline discussion. Its Smash, they don't need to follow timeline.
Actually, no. They're both in different timelines. When Twilight Princess was first revealed Nintendo said that they were in the same timeline hundreds of years apart. But then in a interview close to TP's release Nintendo seemingly changed their minds and made TP and WW in different timelines.

Link to interview: http://www.thehylia.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1173582355&archive=

–When does Twilight Princess take place?

Aonuma: In the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years later.

–And the Wind Waker?

Aonuma: The Wind Waker is parallel. In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link’s time. In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction. In the middle of this game [Twilight Princess], there's a scene showing Ganon's execution. It was decided that Ganon be executed because he'd do something outrageous if they left him be. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time. Ganon was sent to another world and now he wants to obtain the power...
I know all about this because I've spent a while theorizing about Zelda's timeline.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Lol....I love people who don't understand the LoZ timeline. It's ironic, because they think Toon Link is from the past because he's young, when he's actually way in the future. And a different person entirely, so....

Either way, this is awesome! I heard the rumor that "Toon Link and Jiggs aren't in SSE." Now, I was skeptical because Jiggs is unique, but I wouldn't be surprised if Toon Link got cut from the SSE. Although, if this all turns out true, I'm THAT much more excited for SSE!

Hero of Winds 4 the Hero of SSE!!!!!

madleviathan

Smash Apprentice
Wind Waker had something to do with The Hero of Time, and they acknowledge that Link (OoT) exists, meaning it's the same timeline, right?

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
Wind Waker had something to do with The Hero of Time, and they acknowledge that Link (OoT) exists, meaning it's the same timeline, right?
No, Wind Waker is in the timeline that Zelda stayed in after Link got sent to the past (which means Link was sent to Timeline 2) . In WW's intro, it explains how Ganondorf escaped from his imprisonment and caused the flood. But Ganondorf was imprisoned in Timeline 1. (OoT Link is in Timeline 2, remember?). So no, they were in different timelines.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
So does this mean that jigglypuff might be in the SSE too? I was wondering why she wasn't in it. Is wolf in it? I've seen everyone else but those two so I'm not sure.

Top Bottom