• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TOON LINK FIGHT TO THE DEATH: MATCHUP CHART v3 EDITION

Hey everyone, MJG and I and will be co-leading Toon Link's panel for the BBR Match-Up Chart v3! The thread detailing panel leaders, as well as other various information about the project, can be found here.

The current panelists for this panel are:
MJG
Dan
(empty - this could be you!)

We are limited to five panelists for this project, and are looking for active and knowledgeable members of the character community to help fill our remaining openings. If you would like to join the panel for this character, please make a post demonstrating your interest in this thread, along with what would make you a desirable panelist. Keep in mind that debating skills are important for all panel members, and those with poor behavior will be ejected from the project if complaints arise. Also, please keep in mind that if you don't get selected to participate in the MU Chart it is NOT because you weren't qualified (all TL mains are qualified imo), but because I actually hate you! :D

ANYWAYS, if you have any questions or concerns regarding this panel or its activities, feel free to post them in this thread. You may also PM me, MJG, or Ishieymoro if you would rather speak to one of us privately. Panelist selections will be finalized in a week or two, at which point we will begin discussing which match-ups to change in the panelist subforum.

southpaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4442-0022-4229
I'll do it. Pick me because I go to college for engineering, and that obviously must mean I'm smart.

but ya, I really don't know how to say why I would be a good pick, outside of the fact that I still care enough about this game to actually want to argue about every match up lol. I also think I have a decent amount of match up knowledge since I have trained with people like ninjalink and jtails who are proficient with nearly every character in the game.

#teamsouthpaw2012

ShadowTl

Smash Apprentice
hm, I'd like a spot.

I think you should pick me so you'll have some input from the european metagame, instead of only american tl's. I still like this game and I try to have a smashfest every week so I guess I'm active, just not on smashboards right now.
I like to talk about mu's. I can't say that I know every match-up, but I've tried really hard last year to get atleast the top tier mu's down.

Tsunayoshi

Smash Apprentice
The reason why I should be picked is that at the moment I´m one of the best TL players in Europe,if not the best according to the tournament results. Besides I've been to alot of international sized tournies recently.I have the will to improve and my goal is to be a top TL and like shadowTL i think the view from the Europe Metagame is needed. However I don't know if I'll be able to contribute greatly to these disscusions. But I would try my best to represent Europe as good as I can and share my opinion with the American TLs. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Jtails

Smash Lord
I think Southpaw would be an amazing and realistic choice for this, who actually has access to most match ups in the entire game.

*edit* lol how do I delete posts?? o.O

Jtails

Smash Lord
but didn't we already do this and fail
Yeah it failed because a lot of the Toon links thought they knew the full extent of match ups simply because of the players in their region, while other regions have players of higher caliber with those characters. Therefore the theorycraft for the match up changes, it becomes elevated and more in depth than "Just ZAIR"

lol I don't main Toon link but I can write a book about him, and the old match up thread was terrible imo.

I can confidently say that I'd money match any Toon Link in the world any amount of money, because I understand the character so well, using him and fighting against him.

Thus you guys should consider picking Southpaw for this because he has access to nearly every match up in the game, and at high level. He is also very intelligent and a good writer. He'd also be willing to put in the work and make a contribution. KT is amazing too and our region is deadly.

Jtails

Smash Lord
Lol I'd put however much money you or Jerm want to put combined against me ;)

:phone:

B0NK

Smash Lord
Then convince Jerm to play it out if you believe that, I'll sidebet $50 against you any day xxXKilikSoundsLikeSkrillixFan597Xxx -_^b

If you're willing to bet more than that let me know, cause I'll place just about any amount of money that Jtails would beat Jerm in a MM anyday.

I want free money too.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
I'm pretty good vs ToonLink. I've beaten Jerm, PJ, SouthPaw, NEXUS, Hyro, and Jash(friendly set).

I also nominate Southpaw cause he's really good.

Also, anyone wanna side bet against Jtails and I? :k

Top Bottom