• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Doubles Potential

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
If you look at all the characters with their doubles potential on average, what would you rank Toon Link's?

I think its pretty dam high considering you can throw bombs at your team mates that are trying to recover in order to save them. TL can play really good support.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
TL can do pretty much anything which is a really strong trait to have in teams imo (see: Fox). Since PM doubles is really undeveloped atm it'd be hard for me to give an accurate ranking, but my feelings so far are that he's a strong choice in doubles.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Toon Link was a very strong doubles character in Brawl (MJG notably), and that carries over pretty well. He does a good job at "trapping" his opponent with his moves. Bombs and grounded Spin Attack keep the opponent from doing much, which frees up your partner to do his job. He has very good ground and aerial speed, which helps him get around to support his partner. He also has a couple of moves that kill at low percents (d-air, aerial Spin Attack, up-smash), which is VERY important in doubles.

I play as Zelda with a Tink, and the combo works REALLY well, imo.

Top Bottom