• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon link (and Twilight Link) Bomb Tech.

MSZ

Smash Rookie
Remember how the old bombs used to be hit by the sword? They can’t in this game which might leave some to believe that bombs could be useless or just not good for recovery.

I think I might have the key to the beginning of what might be a new metagame. I don’t know if this has already been said, if so, then you have rights to flame with your flame fingers.

If it hasn’t then keep looking at the post. This is probably more useful for toon link at the moment but maybe with some modifications it can be made for a bomb recovery for link. You never know.

First make sure to have a bomb on you. Alright, now jump twice (or once) with toon link or link until you reach the zenith (the highest point) of the jump. Press Z with the Gamecube controller, and the bomb with start to fall. You will be falling with it. Next dair (or down A air) and hopefully you land on your opponent, if you do, you will be able to rise up and actually be able to use your Fair (forward A air) and other airs until you land. YOU WON’T DROP THE BOMB.

I don’t know what implications this has. Maybe with the community we can figure out what this can do.

Umby

Smash Master
It's force grabbing. All moves in the air can do it. In this case, Link and Toon Link are capable of dropping their own bombs and catching them immediately.

Top Bottom