• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Too much Marths?

Smash Master
Marth is easy for noobs to pick up. That's why so many people use him. I started out maining marth because I could just spam f-smash and win against relatively decent players. He also is high tier, so his game doesn't fade as one becomes more experienced unlike Roy/Link.

uremog

Smash Ace
easy answers?:

lots of noobs play marth because he's easy to c-stick cheap people out with and people think that makes them "good".

only ken does really well because marth's actually not THAT easy to use (hi shiek)

fox boards have a lot of threads because there's a lot of things to discuss

marth boards have a lot of threads because people make stupid "iz down+b gud?" or "wut over+B do u like?" threads instead of having good/funny things to discuss like the one m2k posted about dthrow super cheapness.

thank you for bringing up the point that there's 1000+ threads here.

totaKK

Smash Apprentice
easy answers?:

lots of noobs play marth because he's easy to c-stick cheap people out with and people think that makes them "good".

only ken does really well because marth's actually not THAT easy to use (hi shiek)

fox boards have a lot of threads because there's a lot of things to discuss

marth boards have a lot of threads because people make stupid "iz down+b gud?" or "wut over+B do u like?" threads instead of having good/funny things to discuss like the one m2k posted about dthrow super cheapness.

thank you for bringing up the point that there's 1000+ threads here.
haha quote for truth, NOONE does have anything decent to say really on the marth boards, shut this thread down, its noobish and sux, to answer this thread NO there are not many good marths, because he is more difficult to handle at a higher lever and YES there is too many noob marths and suck marths, so it may seem like there are too many

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
i used to use only fox and falco. then me and my friend started to do random fights, and i selected marth and really liked what he could do, after that i began to really play the game, and him dm,and falco are my best. my friend just told me about this "ken" guy a few weeks ago so i dont know much about him.

Ipwn

Smash Apprentice
Hmpf. funny to discuss and see people argument. maby there
comes a new topic.. is Down+b Gud? XD lol jk. Disucss marth his cheapenss?
btw this topic was because why there are toomuch marths :p not why ya chose marth
wel you may tell tha too but eh! who am I?!

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
The first time i played melee.... i didnt know who to use,, so i selected marth because he looked cool in the character screen.

I never played SSB64... and i picked marth in my first melee fight.... i sucked with him soo much.... but after like 3 years using marth i have advanced a lot.

Because of this,... i suck with the rest of the SSBM crew lol----- well i dont suck that much with doc.

Newo

Smash Cadet
See, I was kind of the same way with Marth. I started out as Pikachu because he was my main on 64. Then I tried using Marth and I sucked with him, but I still liked him. After 3 years of playing with Marth now, I have got alot better with him over time. Althought, there have been alot of Marths in the last year or so. I have gone back to Pikachu. I get tired of people complaining about Marth being cheap. So I guess you do what you gotta do.

Evan-(Harm)

Smash Cadet
i have been seeing a decline in marth and a increase in falcos in my area, i have been using samus and have decided to start marth for my second.

El Gordo

Smash Cadet
Marths one of these characters that is simply exaggerated. We in German would say "überstärkt", because his sword is so long and in gerneral he is very quick. Even simple N00bs can control him^^

Newo

Smash Cadet
I too have seen a big increase in the number of Falco characters. I don't know, I'm sure that after awhile everything will balance back out the way it should. I know it has in my group of players. We went from 3 Marth mains, to 1 Marth main, and none of them went to Falco.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Marth was my main character as soon as I unlocked him.

Speed + Strength= Victory.

Ken has nothing to do with me nor why I choose Marth.

Smash Master
My friends and I used to randomize the characters when we were newbs so now I'm proficient with every character, which is sweet. When learning the various techniques for all the characters (I still don't know how to do a lot of ****), Marth seemed one of the easier characters. I could Ken combo within a few hours, whereas it took a crapload of time to learn how to waveshine, and I still can't wobble correctly.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
I origannly used fox, then went to Roy to Falco back to Roy to Marth to Falco again and just now back to Marth. He's fast, he has whicked combos and he just looks the coolest. Everyone else looks like a fool when they attack. Nothing says stile like just camping there, Marth starts picking his hair you Wavedash backwards and kill them with a Nair.

I didn't even watch Ken's vids until 3 years of using marth.

Mr_Steven

Smash Rookie
I used to play as Link, then realized that Marth had the factors that made me link and was much quicker. As I got more into smash brothers, I watched videos of people like Ken, and decided that I was going to learn the more advanced techniques. His pacing to me seems to be more natural to pick up, he's not too floaty or a fast faller IMO
cool, this is the exact same for me too.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
I chose link to start with. then i unlocked marth. i decided to try him, and put him down 'cause i thought he was "too weak". after sitting down, looking at his moves, and l-cancelling them, he became my main. then i watched some ken vs bombsoldier vids, (which is when my bro picked up falco, 'cause bowser was getting owned by my marth) and then i joined smashboards.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
i started playing SSBM as Sheik, but i couldn't get a handle on her speed (i started playing this game a month ago) so i switched to Marth. i have been doing fairly well with him. i recently got used to the speed of the game so my secondary is Fox. although he is very hard to use. but i didnt find out about Ken till after i started useing Marth. but seeing how good he is with Marth gave me inspiration to do better.

Marthpaladin

Smash Rookie
Back when I had no mind games, wouldn't DI, and would not use aerials very often, I used Falco because he had the Dthrow shine(which shouldn't work normally, but my opponents did not DI) and because his Fsmash was powerful and fast. Marth was my second best character because I liked his Fsmash a lot and when I used dash attack to Fsmash, I thought "wow what an awesome combo."

Just about 5 months ago, I learned about advanced techniques and began to watch some combo vids. What started me on the path of maining as Marth was the vid Wound of the Wind and seeing his high position in the tier list. I had also seen Soldier of Fortune, but I found Marth more enjoyable to play as. I did not know any of the pro Marth players at first, so I did not know that the world champion played as Marth.

Fortunately, I learned that winning against good opponents is more than just comboing, but I still liked Marth over Fox and Falco b4 I realized this simply because I received more satisfaction by playing as Marth.

MASSIVE LOAF

Smash Rookie
When I first picked up the game I played as Roy. I played as him for a very long time until I found these boards. It puzzled me that everyone said Marth was way better than Roy so I decided to try for myself. When I discovered that I played a better Marth than Roy I switched permanently.

Top Bottom