• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Too Fast! [PCT RMT]

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
With such an emphasis on speed and priority in the metagame, this team was created to pinpoint these themes exactly and abuse them in an offensive team. Consisiting of 4 sweepers and 2 defensive Pokemon, emphasis on priority is clearly demonstrated. The offensive core focuses on absuing priority over and over, while the defense pair helps cripple enemies through entry hazards and Toxic. Furthermore, since half the team provides strong STAB priority revenge killing can arguably be easier.

Ambipom @ Silk Scarf
Technician / Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Fake Out
~ Return
~ Taunt
~ Low Kick / U-Turn
[Analysis]
Ambipom serves as the team's lead, and one of the four priority abusers on the team. Fake Out scores free hits with STAB, Technician, and Silk Scarf. Return provides a strong follow-up, while Taunt shuts down other leads. Low Kick trips up Registeel and heavier Pokemon while U-Turn allows me to scout and flow to the rest of the team.
Running Jolly maxes out Ambipom's Speed whereas Silk Scarf compliments Fake Out and Return, which are really the only moves it needs boosts from.
[Synergy]
-> Toxicroak, Gliscor, Zapdos

Sharpedo @ Muscle Band / Life Orb
Technician / Adamant
56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spd
~ Fake Out
~ Aqua Jet
~ Ice Shard
~ Super Fang
[Analysis]
Sharpedo has been labeled the new emphasis of priority, and continues to be so on this team. Fake Out with Technician opens, much like Ambipom, to score some free damage or hit a switch for good damage. Aqua Jet provides a powerful STAB priority, with Ice Shard being able to scare off Dragon-types and to a lesser extent Grass-types. Super Fang nails Steel-types and bulkier Pokemon to make dealing with them much less of a hassle.
Bite has been something I've been considering, but at the moment I don't really see a need for it aside from STAB purposes. Adamant was run for dishing as much damage as possible with priority, since Super Fang will hit for a constant set of damage anyways. Since Speed really isn't needed for anything, I poured some EVs into HP instead.
[Synergy]
-> Gliscor, Zapdos
-> Scizor, Toxicroak, Zapdos
-> Toxicroak, Gliscor, Zapdos
-> Scizor, Gliscor, Zapdos

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician / Adamant
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
~ Bullet Punch
~ U-Turn
~ Superpower
~ Pursuit
[Analysis]
Scizor joins the team in order to help abuse priority and smoothly transition between the offensive rout. These moves are self-explanatory. Bullet Punch hurts anything that doesn't resist it hard, and then even some. U-Turn is an amazing move on any Pokemon, and Scizor is no exception. Superpower dents Steel-types who resist Bullet Punch and U-Turn, and can cleanly kill off Sharpedo and Rampardos, and Pursuit plays mindgames with certain Pokemon trying to flee.
Quick Attack was originally placed over Pursuit due to its lack of usage, but it doesn't really help revenge anything that Bullet Punch or U-Turn doesn't. Generic EV spread is generic.
[Synergy]
-> Sharpedo

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Dry Skin / Modest
4 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd
~ Nasty Plot
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Vacuum Wave
~ Dark Pulse
[Analysis]
The surprise factor plays a good factor on Toxicroak. Toxicroak helps soak up Water-type attacks as well as Toxic and Toxic Spikes. Nasty Plot indicates to the opponent (via surprise, hopefully) what Toxicroak is going to do. Sludge Bomb provides a stronger STAB. Vacuum Wave is yet another STAB priority available on this team, which works great for Toxicroak. Dark Pulse catches Rotom switch-ins, and just about any Ghost-type, really.
The choice of using a specially oriented Toxicroak led from Vacuum Wave and the ability to catch Skarmory off guard. Using only one special sweeper also discourages Blissey, since she'll be taking truckloads of damage from the other members of this team.
[Synergy]
-> Sharpedo
-> Sharpedo, Scizor
->
-> Gliscor, Zapdos

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Hyper Cutter / Impish
32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Def
~ Earthquake
~ Stealth Rock
~ Roost
~ Taunt / Aerial Ace
[Analysis]
Gliscor strays away a bit from the offensive theme of his partners, and Stealth Rock is something which helps his partners out. Earthquake and Aerial provide STAB offensive weapons, while Roost is for recovery and Taunt shuts down setup or defensive Pokemon.
Gliscor was originally a boosting tank, passing Swords Dance boosts to Scizor or Sharpedo, but I'd rather have Gliscor fill a slight defensive niche with Stealth Rock. Perhaps Whirlwind should be considered for phazing? And U-Turn is also always never a bad choice.
[Synergy]
-> Sharpedo, Scizor

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure / Calm
248 HP / 228 Sp Def / 32 Spd
~ Thunderbolt
~ Toxic
~ Roost
~ Heat Wave / U-Turn
[Analysis]
Zapdos rounds off with Gliscor as a defensive pair, adding some more specially offensive force with Toxicroak. Toxic helps break down walls and in general makes sweeping an easier task for Zapdos' teammates. Zapdos' offensive options lie in Thunderbolt and Heat Wave, while U-Turn is once again used for scouting purposes. Roost is self-explanatory.
Whilst Gliscor is designed to be physically defensive, Zapdos does the opposite. With a unique typing Zapdos gets this done well. By using Toxic, Zapdos helps wear down the opposing team to make them pickoffs for the priority abusing offense.
[Synergy]
-> Sharpedo, Scizor
- Scizor, Toxicroak

Electrode was once the lead, but I'd prefer to lead off strong with an Ambipom and save the Stealth Rocks for Gliscor later on in the game.
Rampardos was once considered just for adding onto the offensive train of the main team, but lack of replacement to fill and weaknesses prevented me from using him.

Any and all help is appreciated. ^_^

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Why not just make an all technician priority team? You're halfway there already.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Because Persian sucks.

Also, I'm a bit worried that this team doesn't have the brute strength to do well. Standard stall kind of ***** it. SkarmBliss + Vaporeon. Rotom-A increases the amount of hurt.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Because Persian sucks.

Also, I'm a bit worried that this team doesn't have the brute strength to do well. Standard stall kind of ***** it. SkarmBliss + Vaporeon. Rotom-A increases the amount of hurt.
This is true. I've wanted to throw say Zapdos into lead while swapping Ambipom out for Mixed Salamence to take care of threats like Skarmory / Blissey. Vaporeon is semi-dealth with through Toxicroak+Sharpedo.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Hola everyone!! Como es usted?
I am a newbie and I'm glad to be here in this anime artists' forum.
Eventually, I can be part of this society. To me life is an art and art is life.
I'm excited to meet new people here and eventually, exchange thoughts, ideas, share some really good stuffs here. So, see you around guys!

UHm I have a question, how do you make it photo in motion when you mouse over it?
Thanks in advance.
Hi, glad to see you, but wrong thread, use the QnA thread for this kind of thing, thanks :p

Top Bottom