• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Today I share with you the miracle of instant air flame choke.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
With a simple change to my controller's buttons, I now have L as a 2nd/3rd jump button. Mostly I did this in order to use Samus' up B out of shield. But.. it also began to flourish for my Ganon as well.

With L set to jump you can perform L+Side B to get his air flame choke mere centimeters from the ground, how is this helpful you might ask? It's a MUCH better move against characters taller than kirby or those that like to jump a lot. It not only travels a smidgen faster, but also catches standing characters beyond a certain height AND nabs people that air airborne or in the process of jumping, the very start of their jump animation is vulnerable to this version of flame choke and not the grounded version, it also allows for tech chases still upon landing. Just make sure not to go off the ledge with it like a drip.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I execute insta Aerudo perfectly fine w/o having one of the shoulderbuttons set to jump.
I just twist my thumb slightly and hit B right after jump.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
I execute insta Aerudo perfectly fine w/o having one of the shoulderbuttons set to jump.
I just twist my thumb slightly and hit B right after jump.
As do-able as it is, not everyone's hands/fingers can take those sort of movements consistently.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Also, if certain characters like jigglypuff tech in place, they can punish us for aerudo as the victim of aerudo has a frame advantage over Ganondorf. The safer version of side b in this game is the grounded one, actually.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
Also, if certain characters like jigglypuff tech in place, they can punish us for aerudo as the victim of aerudo has a frame advantage over Ganondorf. The safer version of side b in this game is the grounded one, actually.
Especially since, if you miss near the edge with the grounded version, you fall immediately and can grab the ledge. With the air version, you might go too far and just die.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
This can sometimes work as a surprise ledge option, though it's definitely punishable if they see it coming. Aerudo is generally a bait anyways, as most of the time your opponent is expecting an attack and is going to shield. Other than that it's generally mediocre and worse than grounded. This trick works a bit better with the Flame Chain custom, as in the air it can eat through certain projectiles it would clash with on the ground.

Top Bottom