• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

Akiak

Smash Ace
Hey guys I'm back. We actually got 2002 posts in this thread! Unbelievable!

Okay back on topic

I agree that Toad highly deserves to be in more than any other Mario rep.

Now, Toad will just have a mostly made up moveset because of the lack of attacks. I thought him pulling out different type mushrooms that do different things:

Bee Mushroom-the mushroom grows wings and follows foe to hit him.

Spring mushroom-bounces off everything and is very fast

Boo Mushroom-If it hits foe it will confuse him for short time and if he has an item, it will steal it and bring it back to Toad.

Slow mushroom-Travels very slowly through the air and does low damage.

Golden Mushroom-Very rare but it deals very high damage

Block Mushroom-Has very short range but if it hits a foe, he will get shot through the air dealing a lot of damage.

Reverse Mushroom-When you throw it, it will go the opposite direction you threw.

Absorbing Mushroom-Steals foes item if the shroom hits foe.

Cursed Mushroom-Rare but it slightly hurts Toad

Dried Shroom-Falls on the floor as soon as you throw it and it acts as a banana peel.

Ghost shroom-Rare but it will follow foe and damage him badly. Can only be repelled if hit twice.

Ghoul Shroom-Just like Ghost Shroom but only needs 1 hit to repel

Life Shroom-Very Rare but if obtained, Toad will keep it with him and when he falls off and dies, he will bounce back on screen.You can only use this ability once for each Life shroom you get.

Mega Mushroom-Rare but is gigantic and will almost definetely hit your foe. Thus causing good damage.

Mini Mushroom-Is tiny and weak but is very speedy when thrown.

Volt Shroom-Electrifies foe if hit, paralyzing them for a short period

Well waddaya think? They all come from games. Found them on http://www.mariowiki.com

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Well maybe you think Toad is the most deserving Mario rep, while many others will say Geno, Jr., or PM. As far as I'm concerned, it looks like Toad is deconfirmed.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
'Tis a shame that Toad was deconfirmed.

He was definitely the most deserving Mario character.

That being said, I would laugh so hard if a screenshot of the final roster came up and somehow Toad was on it.:laugh:

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Toad def. deserves a spot more than Paper Mario. I mean, everyone hated Dr. Mario... I know that some people think he should just have a unique moveset, but there will be two Marios. And according to that logic, Toad could still get in.

Anyway, I like Akiak's ideas, but most of them Toad has never used (like the super mario galaxy ones.) I think that Toad has enough history to get his own moveset. But nevertheless, he is not playable in Brawl.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I don't see Toad becoming playable this time around (Why didn't they just change Peach's B-move to Toadsworth?) but it is good that Waluigi didn't get in either playable.
Ah, I had the same idea! Toadsworth would have been much funnier and much less controversial as far as Toad's chances of being playable go. :ohwell: Maybe next time!

Akiak

Smash Ace
Ah, I had the same idea! Toadsworth would have been much funnier and much less controversial as far as Toad's chances of being playable go. :ohwell: Maybe next time!
I hope there is a next time!

And that mushroom list was just pulled out since Toad is a mushroom. Its only fair.

People think Paper Mario shoudn't be in cuz then there would be 2 Marios. What about Link and Young Link?

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Well all this R.O.B. as a playable character nonsense that seems readily rampant nowadays, is it really that hard to now swallow that Toad could be playable? If people can accept that he's playable, its not at all a stretch to accept Toad could be.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
No, I think Toad's too much of a pimp to be in this time round. He'd rather be inside a woman's dress than fight a bunch of people.

Top Bottom