• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To the Devs, from the Wiimote users...

Doq

Smash Lord
3.6 Beta dropped and I'm excited for the new content. Alternate stages, new modes, atomic farts...

Except I can't use the alternate stages because I am a Wiichuk user and I don't have an L button. No this is not the first time this has happened. When 3.5 launched I was super excited for the Debug Mode. Nope, can't use it because I seem to have an inferior controller.

Except I don't. I am not any worse than a person of my exact skill using a GameCube controller. Now of course I'm bringing gameplay into this and I shouldn't because that is not what I am talking about. You're bringing in new features and half of the playerbase can't use them because they own a Wii U (or in my case, a Wii with no GC ports). I do not understand.

Devs I am not trying to bash on you at all, but you have these features and only half the controllers can even use them. Show the Wiimote some love.

~Doq

Doq

Smash Lord
Sounds complex, but it's not too much extra work so I can take that.

What about the debug mode introduced last year which doesn't want to work because of a lack of a d-pad (even though I have one)?

Last edited:

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Sounds complex, but it's not too much extra work so I can take that.

What about the debug mode introduced last year which doesn't want to work because of a lack of a d-pad (even though I have one)?
I use the gamecube adapter so my controller is essentially a classic controller, and I can't use the debug feature either. I know you guys have expressed interest in making debug available to other controllers, but please don't forget about us.

Exodo

Smash Ace
I have a friend who used wii mote.. I told him, dont be a hipster accept that the gamecube controller is much better, at first he denied it but then he started using it and accepted it as "smashs" oficial controller, and even he said, woow this is so much better!!!

What im trying to say is.. You should learn to play gamecube controller and problem solved :D, trust me you wont regret it

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I'd at least invest in a classic controller. Some people can manage with the wiimote, but it's by far the worst controller option. You honestly may enjoy Smash more if you didn't have to deal with it.

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
I agree that there should be debug mode and alternate stage support for other controllers, but I'd imagine that this isn't a priority for the PMDT atm since 90% of the community use gamecube controllers. If you truly and honestly feel as though you could never use another controller you may just have to deal with the disadvantages that come with being a minority within the community until the issue is addressed, which will probably happen after they've confronted the issues on the top of their to-do list.

Thank you for bringing this up though.

Candypants

Smash Cadet
You can get an adapter for your wiimote that lets you plug in a gamecube controller to that.

Top Bottom