• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To show you, 35 character roaster confirmed.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Ok, I'm going to show you some observations that I've made from the last character roaster I've seen so far.

*Please remember this is all from what I can observe*

Ok, so I'm going to start off by stating the obvious about how the games are represented. Each game is represent going down, rather than sideways (f.ex Mario -> Lugi -> Peach), which means that (so far), there will be one new character on the third row, since bowser has to be pushed down to the fourth row to follow the representation of the games series (So that it becomes mario -> luigi -> peach -> bowser).

So atm we have

Mario...|DK......|Link........|Samus|Kirby...|Fox........|Pikachu....|Marth|G&W
Luigi.....|DDK....|Zelda.....|Pit........|Meta...|Falco.....|PkmnTrnr|Ike.....|Snake
Peach..|Yoshi..|Ganon...|IceCl....|D3........|Lucario|Ness..........|Sonic...|UNKNOWN
Bowser|Wario|WWLink|Rob.......|Olimar|CapFal..|Lukas........|Random

Alright, so now, we need to add Lucario to the pokemon representation side.

Mario...|DK......|Link........|Samus|Kirby...|Fox......|Pikachu....|Marth|G&W
Luigi.....|DDK....|Zelda.....|Pit........|Meta...|Falco..|PkmnTrnr|Ike.....|Snake
Peach..|Yoshi..|Ganon...|IceCl....|D3........|?1........|Lucario.....|Ness|Sonic
Bowser|Wario|WWLink|Rob.......|Olimar|CapFal|Lukas........|Random

So as we can see, there is a ?1 between D3 and Lucario. The ?1 can't be anywhere before because of Kirby's rep. Therefore, Wolf or Krystal confirmed.

[Total Unknown Newcomers:1]

Now, This also will have to deconfirm King.K.Rool, since we can't add him into the Dk series representation, UNLESS if Yoshi is moved (although I don't see where else he could go). This also deconfirms another metroid rep (Ridley and Dark Samus), UNLESS if Pit is moved (yet again, although I can't see any other new locations for him).

We need to add Jigglypuff to that roaster since we know she is confirmed. She would be added to the fourth row under Lucario

Mario...|DK......|Link........|Samus|Kirby...|Fox......|Pikachu....|Marth|G&W
Luigi.....|DDK....|Zelda.....|Pit........|Meta...|Falco..|PkmnTrnr|Ike.....|Snake
Peach..|Yoshi..|Ganon...|IceCl....|D3........|?1........|Lucario....|Ness...|Sonic
Bowser|Wario|WWLink|Rob.......|Olimar|CapFal|JigglyPuff|Lukas|Random

Therefore, we have 35 characters, and ?1 is Wolf if confirmed, or Krystal if deconfirmed.

This can be locked if it needs to be.

BananaX

Smash Apprentice
It's true. I saw it too as soon as I realized the vertical franchise arrangements. The 35 characters are for real, and there are likely no more.

WR3K

Smash Ace
nobody knows anything until its out

this could go down as one of the biggest misconceptions of the game and for be in infamy

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
It would be sooooo easy to fit 40-50 characters in there...

Also, stop @!#^!#$!@%^@^!# bringing up the Melee roster. There is no excuse for this. Melee had an excuse, Brawl does not.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
It would be sooooo easy to fit 40-50 characters in there...

Also, stop @!#^!#$!@%^@^!# bringing up the Melee roster. There is no excuse for this. Melee had an excuse, Brawl does not.
Brawl's excuse is that all the characters Sakurai intended to include are included, and there's no getting around that.

Stop being a crybaby. The new "THAT'S ONLY THE SSE ROSTER, THERE'S MORE" argument is even more sad.

powerchord89

Smash Rookie
sorry to all you obnoxious angry people , but i'm really unimpressed, i expected more surprises.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
This same thing happened with twilight princess, it was over hyped, and delayed a billion times (to make it better) and in the end it's exactly what we thought it would be without the hype and delays. You know why? cus hype and delays are tactics to make more MONEY not make games better.

Just be content with the 35 we have now, and if there are ever anymore awsome, but if not, who cares that still more than melee.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I really do hope that there is another row, or that Sakurai has one final surprise for the english, eurpean, etc releases.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Will Serebii be able to tell us who the final rep is when Brawl is released, assuming that it isn't revealed by tomorrow at 7pm (12am Thursday Japan Time)?

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
You know what I can live with the roster. I just keep in mind that we have great characters already. Snake, Sonic, DeDeDe, Pokemon Trainer...my only real problem is the lack of Metroid reps. I mean if we can have all these clones, or similar characters, why not Dark Samus? and the lack of playable Ridley. oh well. I'll just wait till Smash 4.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Mike: yes he's confirmed, I saw a pic of it about 2 hours after I posted this.

Magmar: read my last few sentences.

Ndm: I completely agree, Kirby with three reps over metroid with 1(2 if you count Zamus) :S
Not to mention I could have sworn hearing that Sakurai stated that Zamus would get her own slot.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Mike: yes he's confirmed, I saw a pic of it about 2 hours after I posted this.

Magmar: read my last few sentences.

Ndm: I completely agree, Kirby with three reps over metroid with 1(2 if you count Zamus) :S
Not to mention I could have sworn hearing that Sakurai stated that Zamus would get her own slot.
I don't have to. You cannot force me to believe you. I will never believe anyone who acts like they know everything about a game... *deep breath*

THAT IS NOT EVEN OUT YET, SO STOP TRYING TO SAY YOU KNOW ALL!!!

There. Said my piece.

courte

Smash Lord
i hereby declare anyone who jumps to assumptions a licker, sniffer and taster... of the kirby taint and anus!!

that is all

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
If I had jumped to assumptions, I would have automatically stated that Wolf would be under Falco.

Top Bottom