• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TO PM DEV TEAM: MAKE AN EXECUTIVE DECISION ABOUT 3.6Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
This is a message to all PM dev team members.

Please make an official statement on whether tournaments should use 3.6beta or 3.5. It's really hard for TOs to make a decision which version to use and a nightmare to debate the legitimacy of 3.6beta.

This has nothing to do with my personal opinions on the new patch, I simply want a statement whether tournaments should use 3.6beta or not.

Thank you.

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
If tournaments used PM 2.6beta back when it was out, why would 3.6beta be an less legitimate?

And I don't think the PMDT tells TOs what version to use, the TOs decide themselves. It'd be really stupid but you could even hold a 3.02 tournament if you wanted.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
If tournaments used PM 2.6beta back when it was out, why would 3.6beta be an less legitimate?

And I don't think the PMDT tells TOs what version to use, the TOs decide themselves. It'd be really stupid but you could even hold a 3.02 tournament if you wanted.
You do know that the B in 2.6b is not beta right? 2.6b was the update after 2.6 that just fixed a few bugs and stuff (and they probably didn't want to have to call it 2.6.1 or something like that.). Just thought I'd let you know.

Why would TOs not use 3.6 Beta?

steelguttey

mei is bei
3.6 is probably only going to be bugfixes. 3.6b is most, if not all, of the balance changes just released earlier without ironing out some bugs

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
TOs are sovereign.
Nothing can impinge their right or duty to choose which versions to use.

Last edited:

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Is there anyone out there still playing 3.5 because of this? I didn't realize this was even an issue that needed discussing, looked to me like everyone was unanimously fine with running the beta.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
The point of this beta was mainly for mass playtesting and finding bugs we were unable to find before release. It is absolutely in a playable state and I strongly recommend that 3.6 beta is used in tournaments.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
No PMDevs have ever said that the release isn't fit for tournament testing, from what I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom