• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To newer Bowser players (I don't main Bowser, but I use him from time to time)

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
I realized, Bowser does indeed have an attack in the air that can cancel his Landing Lag. Side B (Koopa Claw Grab), it can cancel your landing lag. I use it to pressure opponents who roll / shield, because if you time it right, you can also use it JUST as your about to land on the ground and it'll send out the hitbox and connect the grab, allowing the actual grab to come out. People don't see it coming usually, but, Koopa Claw Grab is one of Bowser's best aerial attacks! You can practice it in training mode for some good mix ups. Short hop into Koopa Claw as soon as you're about to touch the ground to cancel landing lag, to short hop, to Koopa Claw, to short hop... you get the idea, and what I do is mix it up some times, by doing Short Hop, Koopa Claw (while they shield so they think I'm going to have landing lag) into short hop into F-Air (forward air). Which causes them to come out of shield most of the time, thinking I had lag from the Koopa Claw, which makes them eat a quick F-Air.

Just a tip for any newer Bowser players out there! I'm sure you Vets knew this. This is also a good option after an air dodge, so you can air dodge into Koopa Claw to cancel landing lag, or B-Air (Back air) into Koopa Claw to cancel landing lag, F-Air into Koopa Claw works too. Don't know about U-Air (Up air), but it may just work too! Koopa Claw is a good way to land back on the stage when you're hit as well, and if you're being followed as I said, air dodge into Koopa Claw works wonderfully.

Hope this helps you!

Top Bottom