• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To my favorite King

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I have never been so livid at Super Smash Bros Brawl this past weekend than my entire career of SMASH. Why?! because I experienced a really good [cough* cheap [lol diddy's bananas] DDD player].

Where I am from there was a post of a tourney/friendly activity in Pensacola, FL. Living about an hour or so away I decided enter. I had a blast except my first match-up (Who won the entire tourney BTW) who was DDD. He said he traveled from Louisiana to join this tourney so his confidence must of been set to win (which he did).

Match: I was using bananas like crazy getting a decent amount of damage over time using bananas keeping my distance but, every time I didn't use an attack right after a banana I was power shielded then chained grab, chained grab, and chain grab untill I reached the edge where I was knock off where then I had to deal with DDD amazing power of edge guarding. I couldn't even hit him, Its like aerials were obsolete unless he was tripping because each time he wasn't I was POWER SHIELDED then immediately grabbed then repeated untill I reached the edge where I was knock off and then dealing with DDD edge garding once more. Its seemed like the we were fighting the whole time me being off the edge and chained grabbed.

FYI: I did get him to one stock each time we played so I know there is something I can do to change the outcome

I know I'm a good diddy player
I just NEED HELP fellow DIDDY's out there

What do YOU do against DDD and DDD's Chaingrab?!?!?!?!?! (Smash DI?, knock him out, unplug his controller :D?!?!)

I rather play 1000 metaknights at once than play what I delt with this past weekend .

I going back to the tourney next month and he's coming to the next one
I WANT TO BEAT HIM SO BADLY ITS UNBELIEVEABLE, I'm talking 3 stock

Links, Videos, Advice, Stories, Techniques PLZ! (trust me I've already the match up discussion).

Seppoku

Smash Cadet
Mmm. I might have played that guy before (from Tallahassee).. The best method I found to DDD is to have one banana behind you, and make sure your spacing is a good distance. Don't use your side b very often on the ground, stick to downtilts and only attack when you have a banana in hand..

he is very easy to punish, just find the opening to do so...

ADHD

Smash Hero
This matchup takes a ton of experience.

DDD can only win with grabs, if you space fair on his shield, and side b alot when he rushes in then you will win. DDD is hard, the matchup is dead even to slightly in either's favor. Don't feel out of place is he is living to 160 each stock, it is just part of the matchup. Good ddds will rush in with waddle dees to provide a temporary barrier against the bananas, but that's when the side b comes in. Grab ALOT, if you have used your smashes then grab him and only spam grab jab, then do w/e when he breaks out. If you don't get grabbed often, you will most likely take victory :)

BTW IMPORTANT: Don't ever approach him until he's tripped, or else you will get grabbed. Even if you try and grab him first, his grab range will outprioritize yours.

Who's DDD was this btw?

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Attack from a close distance with peanuts. and use Dtilt and Ftilt. Throw nanerz at the top of D3's shield so they'll bounce and eventually land, making him trip. Pivot Grab if you spot-dodge a running grab, if you dodge a standing grab, start using Dtilt. Ftilt if you want to space yourself a bit.

If he tries waddle camping then take advantage of it while he isn't using his shield/shield grabbing. Don't try approaching him with a dash attack, unless you're certain it'll hit or shieldgrab...uhhh be careful if you're going for the gimp, and if D3's trying to gimp you, don't hesitate to take a hit or take a risk.

I don't have much experience fighting D3's in the air because trying to beat his Fair or Bair isn't a good idea, you mostly want to stay above or below him and be prepared to DI.

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
GT "8"
I've been looking for him on smashboards but no sign of him
he said he had an account and logs on frequently

Seppoku

Smash Cadet
I think i see him hanging out in the regional sections of the boards.. I think thats the guy I've played a couple of times..

DFEAR

Smash Hero
This matchup takes a ton of experience.

DDD can only win with grabs
seibrik kills me with dedecides D=< but only cuase im a ****ing maniac off stage even against metaknights ill do anything to gimp that ****!!! anyway seibrik he does them so awesomely too, barely any chaingrabs as well o-o. my advice. upsmash and chain a ****load of grabs/combos and a banana ready :3

Top Bottom