• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

to make shield breaker awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
now i don't persay think anything is wrong with shield breaker now.
it may even be too OP what im going to suggest.
but should marth shield breaker hold a charge? like DK?
It would make shield breaker a whole lot more viable. (like a lot)
the only thing i feel is a problem is that. if a fully charged breaker destroys a shield complete in this game since sakurai said hes making it loads more powerful.
it would make defending your self against him the worst possible option.
but thats my thoughts yours?

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Holding a charge could be kind of overpowered if it's a move that can completely break a shield instantly. If we really wanted to make the move more useful, it would probably just be returned to how it worked in Melee, as some kind of slash instead of a stab. The stab has a lot less utility overall. It's obviously too late for that, though.

The best option to make it more powerful, in my opinion, would to make it so that the move has little startup or ending lag to make up for the fact that it has a fairly small hitbox. Holding charge would be too much though.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Toooooo OP.How about one of his customs be his melee slash or even Roy's!Fire and 50% but slower overhead.Nice thing for melee fans IMO.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I was watching a vid the other day and Marth used the shield-breaker without charging it and it nearly broke the other guy's (i think it was DK) fully replenished shield. It's a mouth dropper how strong it is now. You can actually call the special "Shield-breaker" now.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I was watching a vid the other day and Marth used the shield-breaker without charging it and it nearly broke the other guy's (i think it was DK) fully replenished shield. It's a mouth dropper how strong it is now. You can actually call the special "Shield-breaker" now.
Really?That sounds really strong and useful now.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Really?That sounds really strong and useful now.
Yeah it's actually useful now. Give me a sec and I'll find the vid for you

EDIT:

Watch closely at Marth and DK at 20 seconds (right in the beginning of the match even)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom