• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

to all dks

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'll play you. just wait until tomorrow night to play me. I'm out of town. tell me who you main so I can help you out and so I can get in a good mindset

Tujex

Smash Ace
lol I'm a DK main trying to get into Diddy. Lol, we can spar tomorrow or tonight if you like.

jizzy cheese

Smash Cadet
saturday because im kinda grounded and i would sneek on now but my grandma stole my room while i was at my wrestling meet!!!

Tujex

Smash Ace
lol thats no good.I flow between Brawl, Mario Strikers, Halo, Call of Duty 4, Gears of War 2, and Mario Kart. I'm pretty good in all. Trying to be pro in all of them.

jizzy cheese

Smash Cadet
haha thats alot i almost got sponsored in gears of war 1 i was in the itz clan but now im using diddy in brawl looking for a poop nose

Tujex

Smash Ace
Gears is one of my weaker games. I mostly stick to the back and snipe out the runts while my friends handle the main monsters when we play online. I usually get owned when I try to run into the middle of the gunfight. I'm not very good with the whole cover system just yet.

lol. Can DK UpB through nannerz? Just a question since Diddy is one of my weaker match-ups since I have played very few worthwhile Diddy's.

ook

Smash Lord
Yeah I don't think you can up-b through the bananas. :(

The dash attack can pick them up though. (but DK's dash attack is pretty laggy :/ )

Tujex

Smash Ace

The dash attack can pick them up though. (but DK's dash attack is pretty laggy :/ )
lol, I just now paid attention to your sig and it made me lol. My sister's looking at me like I'm crazy trying to figure out what I'm laughing at.

epicmonk

Smash Rookie
I main Diddy for tournaments, but we run a league at the Play N Trade near me and I'm using DK and Ice Climbers. I'm decent with Diddy, but my friend is amazing with Diddy, and usually beats me with any character I use. I found that my DK stands up pretty well against his Diddy. I think it's a matter of spacing and knowing how to maneuver to gain control over at least one of the bananas. Keep in mind that you can air doge a banana to grab it, whether it be thrown at you or already on the ground. I also rely on spot dodges a lot to avoid his throws. And battlefield is great against Diddy because his bananas are harder to keep on the bottom level. DK is also great at grabbing bananas off the platforms with his nair.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····

actually you can up b through bananas but you can't go full speed or else you'll trip

Revven

FrankerZ
Which isn't wise to do to begin with. Whenever I play a Diddy Kong with my DK I try to just pick them up regularly (not doing any attack or whatever). Z-grabbing them if they were thrown at you while in the air is good too, even an Air Dodge to catch one might be a good option, Nair as well. IMO, DK needs a bunch of Ftilting, prediction, Down B, Dtilt, and Utilt to do any huge damage to Diddy Kong. Bair is also pretty good...

BUT! Anyway, I main Diddy Kong and haven't had this match-up myself (I'm usually DK fighting a Diddy, never the other way around because everyone I play doesn't play DK). So, I don't have much experience on the other side of things. All I can say for Diddy would be to abuse the bananas and never let DK get'em, because once he does, DK ***** pretty hard with them (I know, because whenever I get a banana with my DK, it just ruins Diddy pretty badly). Of course, this is true for every character... so, my advice is kinda moot anyway.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
well DK's down b will be a useful weapon against diddy because what diddy's like to do (or at least what i like to do when i play diddy) is throw a nanner and then follow with a dash attack to re-grab the nana

down b eats dash attacks

also you can kill diddy ~80%

Top Bottom