• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To all 3ds Pikachu...

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
quick attacking with pikachu on the 3ds may be one of the worst feelings there is

Soul.

QA on 3DS isn't awful. You're still able to do the same stuff you can do on Wii U.

As long as the connection is smooth I really don't see the problem.

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
QA on 3DS isn't awful. You're still able to do the same stuff you can do on Wii U.

As long as the connection is smooth I really don't see the problem.
The circle pad though, controlling on that thing is the worst. I think Pikachu is extremely annoying to play as on 3ds, nothing works cause the controls are weird.

Soul.

The circle pad though, controlling on that thing is the worst. I think Pikachu is extremely annoying to play as on 3ds, nothing works cause the controls are weird.
I can understand. I wish the 3DS had a better analog, but I guess they opted for the Circle Pad because of the form factor.

That being said though, I don't think I've had a problem playing Pika on 3DS. It really feels weird at first.

Emuchu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Emuchu
3DS FC
2320-6462-6471
I have access to my 3DS more often than my Wii U, so I'm pretty skilled with that Pocket-sized Pika. I agree, though, that the controls on the 3DS are janky, even on the New models. I feel a lot of it is configuration stuff they *should* have patched in ages ago: you can't replace buttons like you can on the Wii U version, so for instance, if I want to make the R button Jump and the ZR button grab, I have to take a jump button from X or Y and swap it with one of the spare Shield or Grab buttons. This also makes it a huge pain if you use atypical button configurations, for instance, I use two Special buttons on the Wii U. Impossible on the 3DS. Also! You can't configure the C-nub at all, so you're stuck with Smash-sticking and can't Attack-stick or B-stick. It would also be fantastic if they changed the control pad to a design that had texture, but alas, they kept the slippery design from the previous model. I wish there was something I could buy that could fix this--then I'd be in Dreamland.

Emuchu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Emuchu
3DS FC
2320-6462-6471
Here y'all go!

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6462-6471
Nintendo Network ID: Emuchu

Besides being a Pika player, I've also been putting a lot of time into Roy, lately. Pocket Ike and Ryu, as well.

Zanku

Smash Cadet
Hey still looking for sparring partners? Hope it's not too late. My names matt, bUT my 3ds thing is Zan 1822-0018-5901

Wishes And Sunshine

Smash Cadet
I would have loved to play with you, but a) I play terribly, b) Tennessee is in central USA, I believe? There'd be a huge time gap.
I'll add you, though. Maybe we could arrange a late-night game.

Top Bottom