• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TNA Pro Wrestling

FireBomb

Smash Lord
In the interest of keeping professional wrestling talk fresh, I've made this thread separate from the WWE one, dedicated solely to Total Nonstop Action wrestling. Have fun guys.

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
Oh I almost couldn't find it. I don't know why.

Thoughts on iMPACT:

LAX vs Team 3D: I really didn't like this match. The booking of LAX against 3D makes them look so weak it isn't even funny. Tenay and West saying LAX is weak without Konnan doesn't help either. I also don't know where the hell they're going with the whole drunk Brother Runt angle, but that just made LAX look more weak by having to have Moody Jack and Brother Runt distract them.

Oh, and both of them no selling Homicide's moves = bullcrap.

I liked the part with Gail Kim and Jacqueline fighting. Finally, we get an angle in wrestling that shows women can be badass. I think the last time I saw something like that was vintage Lita and Trish Stratus around 2001. I'm interested in where this storyline is going since they got Petey Williams involved. Gail could probably make a good manager for him since he's lacking charisma to go with the in ring ability.

Video segment thingy of Christy Hemme and the women talk: I didn't see Final Resolution. But from what it looks like Christy still can't cut a promo, and the crowd isn't taking her seriously. I think the talk of TNA bringing a women's division is nice (if they had 2 hours), but doing it with Christy isn't the right method of approach. I also don't know what they're gonna do with VKM since they "declared victory over the WWE." Very confusing.

I like Christian's promo on Angle. Except for the swearing. If you're gonna get bleeped the writer's should just rethink it. I didn't like how Angle basically treats Christian like his biatch and spits in his face. I love Kurt Angle, but he's getting everything handed to him in TNA. Christian better hold the title past the next PPV. Oh, and I like how the crowd chants RVD. I want to see him go there too. =P

The Sting and Abyss stuff I'm on the fence with. It could really kill the Abyss character and I think the crowd knows since they booed when he put the mic up and cheered when he didn't talk. Abyss is a better monster character than Undertaker or Kane, and I think TNA should capitalize on that by letting him be a monster for a while longer. Maybe just have him beat down Sting, lose Mitchell, and have a small fued with Tomko.

I had no idea what was going on with PCS tonight. Starr just assaults Senshi. They should have some good matches though.

The Hoyt and Storm match did it's job in continuing some fueds, but really wasn't more than that. I did like how Storm took someone's sign from a fan (planted fan though) and ripped it. I don't know if the other guy was planted, but he spilled his drink all over the place and it just generated great heat from the crowd. One thing that did suprise me is how Storm manhandles Gail Kim after she comes out. Talk about a serious heel character.

AJ Styles cut his promo. It was pretty much his standard. Which isn't much. I like how he says "WHOOP DEEE DOO!" though. I couldn't stop laughing. At least his lines were good. Telling Borash that Angle hasn't earned anything and the blue ribbon stuff was funny. He could use a manager though.

Angle and Styles match was too short. But for a match that neither are really in a story in and being under 10 minutes (I think), it sure worked. If these guys had serious time and if Angle was in full condition they could probably keep me on the edge of my seat the whole match. After the match when Tomko and Christian get involved, Joe came out with the chair and ran them off. I don't really know how that makes Joe Christian's advisor or consultant or whatever, but anymore Joe/Angle interaction is good for me. I really think TNA is gonna make the most of this fued.

The whole Sting without his face paint asking Abyss about his secret was weird. Sting's supposed to be the mysterious good guy. But it kinda shows a tough love thing for how he wants to help Abyss. The fans are hilarious chanting "Sting's a bully!" If it means a heel turn for Sting, it sure is working.

Overall pretty good Impact. They've had some better episodes recently but this is just general after PPV buildup for the next PPV.

Top Bottom