• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TL reveiw (1/5/08-1/12/08) Ground Spin attack

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Ok this is how its gonna work we are gonna reveiw a move for a week and move on to another one the next week.

WEEK 1 Spin Attack

Discuss.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Is this a pep rally or do you actually have an idea of how to do better?

If you want something to start with, I propose the discussion of the usefulness of the grounded spin attack.
Advantages (and disadvantages if necessary but they should be pretty obvious unless we really discover something useful), ideal circumstances for use, etc.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
iRjOn lol

and Grouded spin attack advanteges:Can stop roll ubusers

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
@iRjOn: If you're talking about tiers then you're right. However, if you are talking about my discussion idea... well... you could be either right (we don't find anything of use/say anything helpful), or oh-so-wrong (we actually make progress with the grounded spin attack. Yeah... Right.).

@Chaos: if you accept my idea then it would be a good idea to change the title of the thread.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
I was talking about tiers
didn't even see your post there
till I came back
XD

On your topic
GSAtck
I am going to start using it on Lucario and roll abusers
But dont spam it its easily punishable if shielded.
And after awhile it become predictable.
From watching quivo
I am starting to see how effective it is.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I just tried it once and fell in love... again (first was zair>bomb combo)
Edit: Works well on anyone with a physical approach.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Im gonna edit the first post every day at 7:00 eastern time

and should i ask chip if this thread is allowed without being locked

QUIVO

Smash Master
Up b is something I've been using a lot and got Jerm to incorporate it into his gameplay (as well as many other things I do : D )

Rob's usually predictable with his spot dodge, so sometimes just running and doing an up b works. Even zair to up b works.

If you're comboing a character and start to lose them, they WILL aird dodge towards the ground. You predict or read where they're going and up b. Works well on snake.

I just went to a tournament this weekend, and was doing combos into a grounded up b. I've only encountered one person so far that SDI's out of it.

It's a good move.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I find the spin move good for following up after other moves. I cant go into specifics cuz I dont really remember but im pretty sure its good for all ground attacks. =D

Edit: I see you want a banner, talk to toonditty. He made mine =D

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
can anybody give me a pic of spin attack

sometimes on PS2 instead of a hyphen smash i use Grounded B^ is that good or bad

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
LOL at QUIVO's new avi.

Jab cancel to G^b (grounded up B) works like a charm a charm on anyone who hasn't been hit by it two or three times.

QUIVO

Smash Master
lol irjon. Anyway, just look for when your opponent spot dodges/airdodges/rolls and then try using it then.

Seriously, just running up and doing it can work since some people think you're going to grab. If you miss, sometimes you can get lucky and the opponent will recklessly run into it

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
pokemon stadium 2 on the Ice stage.

I just tested this on the heaver cast on lv.3 but next to a wall (like SMI)if you do dtilt,jab,jab,b^ it will do 23% not sure if usefull yet and thanks for the pic.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Anything that kinda pops them up and makes the opponent feel safe using an airdodge should work

I usually do dthrow, bair, zair, sometimes utilt, and dashes into them. I usually wait and see what they're going to do though. That's why up b is good, you can delay it.

I'm sure Usmash could work.

Also, using it out of shield is pretty good when you're in those little games where you take turns spot dodging.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
JC= Jump Canceled
bomb means bomb throw.
If you don't know what jump canceling is or you don't know how to do it, check some of the stickies.

Edit: Quivo, do you have a vid of you doing that combo? I can never seem to land the bair.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
[ IMG]http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp292/BearBomber/toonlinkspinattack.jpg[/IMG]

Theres a space between the first bracket and "I" just back space it and the image should pop up. =D

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
i got another combo light and meduim chars. fair them to a wall then Spin.

and heavier do the smae thing but add a smash to the end.

the light char was Jiggz the meduim was luigi
and the heavy was kong

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else ever spiked someone while edgeguarding? I did it once at the last tourney I hosted and I am not sure what happened. I can't seem to replicate it. I think they were holding onto the edge. Invinc frames went away and im not sure what happened next, maybe they jumped into me but they went rocketing down and I was left dumbfounded.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
um wow uh cool could you save that when were discussing dair

Bomber7

Smash Hero
chaos I got you a IMG link up above. just delete the space b/t the first braket [ and "I"

Bomber7

Smash Hero
yeah just highlight the link, copy it, then go to original post, edit options, paste it, then back space the space b/t the first braket and the letter I.

simple.. no?

[ IMG]http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp292/BearBomber/toonlinkspinattack.jpg[/IMG]

just back space this space =D

Bomber7

Smash Hero
k. its odd cuz from some odd reason it wont let me see the pic. 0.o maybe i'll see it later. lol

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well its not that, he says it works but it says my pic want linked correctly and I should check my photobucket account to check things... I deleted it and redownloaded it and i still cant see it. =/

Edit: you should also Center your wording through Go advanced when editing

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Anyway, back to the grounded spin attack.
Is there much point in charging it?
Advantages, disadvantages.
Is there ever a good time to charge it?
How much does charging it affect damage and knockback?
Is it easier or harder to Di out of, if it is charged?

I'll be hearing from ya.

Top Bottom