• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Title Change) My Non-SBR Approved Rule List

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Link to original post: [drupal=746]I can haz blog?[/drupal]

Stage list (personal choices in brackets)

Neutral (+)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (B)

Neutral/Counterpick
Castle Siege (=)
Delfino (+/=)
Halberd (=)
Lylat Cruise (+)
Pokémon Stadium 1 (+/=)

Counterpick (=)
Corneria
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Luigi’s Mansion
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Counterpick/Banned
Brinstar (=)
Distant Planet (-)
Norfair (=/-)
Pirate Ship (=/-)
Skyworld (=)
Yoshi’s Island (M) (-)

Banned (-)
18 of 41

Rules

- Matches are 3 stock, 8 minutes. For teams, life stealing is allowed and Team Attack is ON.

- Items are set to “off” and “none”.

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike 2 stages: either 1 Neutral and one Counterpick or 2 Counterpicks. The first stage of the set is chosen by stage striking.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks- Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals or semi-finals are recommended to be best of 5 for time constraints.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, excessive edge stalling, or any form of stalling under the stage (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, etc).

- Any suicide KOs on the final stock results in a 1-stock no time limit sudden death to determine the winner, regardless of what the results screen shows. This means that, if a Bowser or Ganondorf suicide-KOs with their Side-B on both players’ final lives, or if a King Dedede or Kirby suicide-KOs with their Neutral-B on both players’ final lives and the opponent does not break out reaching the blast line, the sudden death will be played. Suicide-KOing in sudden death results in a loss

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, both players are to suicide IMMEDIATELY. No fighting with bombs @ 300. At the results screen, regardless of what the screen says, the player with the higher total DAMAGE TAKEN is the loser. No exceptions. For teams, if this should ever happen, add the damage taken instead for both teams.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- In the event that there is a dispute for controller ports or character color choice, both players will play Rock Paper Scissors for it.

- I’m not banning any infinites. Live with it, or pick Metaknight instead.

- Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose the stage that player last won on (unless agreed upon).

- BYOC. Bring your own controller. Period. Bring 2 if you can.

- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings before a match is played.

- Don't be a douche. The tournament host reserves the right at any time to make you leave the tournament. This should never happen.

- No Johns.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Are you hosting tourneys with this ruleset? Or are you just saying that this is what you think the rules should be like?

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
If I was in a tournament and I HAD to follow these rules, I wouldn't mind. Some of them I disagree with, but mostly it's not bad.

Top Bottom