• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cedyism
Hi, i'm a competitive Smash Wii U player, and I would like some tips of the community!
I started participating to tourneys very recently, and I would appreciate if you guys could make me become even better!
I have trouble against some characters. Here is the list:
Villager
Diddy Kong (Obviously)
R.O.B
Sheik
Sonic
Ness
I main Rosalina, and i always use her against every character. Except Little Mac, I use Jigglypuff to beat him. I also main Mario.
So i would like to know which matchups are good against the characters I just listed.
My second problem is that I have difficulty dealing with spam. I just can't punish it.
So yeah, I hope you guys can give me some tips. Thanks for reading!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Try to see some guides first, then you see competitive videos.

_gold_

Smash Master
Play Diddy and win
You're not helping.
Concerning the OP, try checking out the character's forum here on the website. They sometimes discuss the fighter's weaknesses. For spam, not too sure. But for any spam, there is a counter.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Seems like you have some difficulty with characters with varying playstyles. Ness and Sonic are very bait/punish oriented characters, Villager is a very good zoning character, Shiek is all about pressure.

Rosalina is a very good, and popular character, I'd probably recommend looking up some recent tournament videos on Youtube (can't guarantee all the matchups will be there) and visiting the character-specfic boards for helpful matchup information.

What do you mean by SPAM though? Like if you play Rosalina - Projectile spam can be effectively dismantled by Gravitational Pull. ALL spam can be countered. Could you be more specific?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hi there @ Cedy Cedy ! While I'm not a Rosalina main myself I can point you in the right direction. First, I recommend you head over to the Rosalina and Luma character sub-forum. There you can find other Rosalina mains such as yourself and you can verify the resources that are available to you. If you have questions regarding specific match-ups and need information on that, you can always head over to the Rosalina Match-Up Thread in that same character sub-forum. They are currently discussing the ROB match-up! There are a lot of other resources there too. I recommend going and introducing yourself there as well in their General Discussion Thread. I'm sure they will be thrilled to meet a new and fellow Rosalina main :)

Cedy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cedyism
Seems like you have some difficulty with characters with varying playstyles. Ness and Sonic are very bait/punish oriented characters, Villager is a very good zoning character, Shiek is all about pressure.

Rosalina is a very good, and popular character, I'd probably recommend looking up some recent tournament videos on Youtube (can't guarantee all the matchups will be there) and visiting the character-specfic boards for helpful matchup information.

What do you mean by SPAM though? Like if you play Rosalina - Projectile spam can be effectively dismantled by Gravitational Pull. ALL spam can be countered. Could you be more specific?
When i say spam, It's like Toon Link spamming his arrows over and over, Kirby spamming is front smash, villager spamming is Fair, R.O.B spamming his lazer, etc.
I figured out to stop projectile spam with my Gravitational pull, but the move has a lot of lag and they punish me for it. It only helps with projectiles that go really far.
----
Thank you all, your help is greatly appreciated and i'm looking forward to the things you guys suggested!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom