• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips VS NESS/Lucas Plz

NessySmashBros

Smash Apprentice
My friend uses Ness and Lucas some times and pk fires a LOT. What can I do? It's not as big as a problem with Lucas because his PK Fire stinks.

Here's my plan
Lob a lode of Pikmin on him to get him damage high, if he comes near me (i know he 's gunna use PK Fire) Spam Side B and Fsmash to stop the fire. When he is low damage try grab and throw of edge and knock far and hope his PK thunder sucks so he dies.

Need better plan or improvements please:bee:

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Load a few pikmin on him, preferrably white.

Grab him, mash A repeatedly.

When he breaks out of the grab, fsmash.

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
maybe work on your short hopping to fair. just keeping the action in the air more generally would reduce pkfire's effectiveness

XienZo

Smash Lord
Just remember, most ghost pikmin reports tend to come from Pikmin dying from PK fire, so tossing them into it might be a tad risky.

Kirby-oh

Smash Apprentice
Also, Ness can be gimped when his Thunder hits a latched Pikmin.

keeper

Smash Champion
You'll probably get the best output of damage against Lucas from yellow's with the Pikmin toss as all of Lucas's really quick attacks are electric.

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Very true. To maximise Ness' time in Hades throw Yellow Pikmin, as they are resistant to electricity. :D
Same goes for Lucas. To be honest, Lucas is one of the biggest pains in my side. You can't gimp he recovery with pikmin latch because his PK Thunder goes through things. His neutral air gets me everytime. :(

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
this sounds VERY similiar to zelda. you ever face a good one? Lucas' recovery is hard to gimp, but easy to punish, same with zelda. many of their attacks are electric, same. good nair, same. disjointed hitboxes? the list goes on and on. if you think that's the case, i could write a guide on it.(not literally)

Edit: try being in the air more than you usually would. Be sure to throw pikmen and follow up immediately afterwards. Ness might try to hit them back at you with his fsmash(is it the same with lucas'?) your pikmen throw is too fast for him to keep that up though. Do you know about infinite cg gainst ness? i haven't used it yet, but it might work.

Juanda991

Smash Cadet
I know a funny kill to lucas or ness.
when he is doing his upB for recovery, throw a pikmin to his electry ball, and know he cant recovery, jaja i love it

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
this may sound a bit too obvious, but it's important. If their pk fire misses, it doesn't do the whole move. The flames won't shoot out. (Ness' will engulf you and lucas' will push you back) if you can roll towards them immediately after the pk fire, it might have enough lag on it for you to turn around and grab him. try it out. :)

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
this sounds VERY similiar to zelda. you ever face a good one? Lucas' recovery is hard to gimp, but easy to punish, same with zelda. many of their attacks are electric, same. good nair, same. disjointed hitboxes? the list goes on and on. if you think that's the case, i could write a guide on it.(not literally)

Edit: try being in the air more than you usually would. Be sure to throw pikmen and follow up immediately afterwards. Ness might try to hit them back at you with his fsmash(is it the same with lucas'?) your pikmen throw is too fast for him to keep that up though. Do you know about infinite cg gainst ness? i haven't used it yet, but it might work.
Olimar can't infinite chaingrab Ness. What he can do is get free fsmashes on him.

Top Bottom