• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on techning this? (Falco BTT)

Lovage

Smash Hero

can anyone give me tips on teching this bumper? my plan is to walljump off the small ledge on the ground and then hit the bumper, tech, and waveland onto the bumper while invincible.

i can only do it like 20% of the time and can't for the life of me figure out the method to increase my chances

which way should i hold my stick right as i hit the bumper? do i hit my trigger right as i touch it, or after the sounds effect kinda

X1-12

Smash Champion
you want to hit L/R just as you come into contact with it and merely hold right on the direction stick. I can do the tech using this method. You also need to make sure you hit the vertical but, I can't seem to tech at all on the diagonal bit. You will also notice as you do it there is a noticable gap between the getting hit sound and the teching sound. It might also be worth mentioning you can stay on this platform for quite a while after teching before it hits you again (nearly 3 seconds) so if you do it successfully don't try it again in that window

Lovage

Smash Hero
percent doesn't matter, right? the knockback is static but for some reason if feels a lot easier at 30 then it does at 130 <.<

hmm i think my problem is i'm not walljumping correctly so i come in contact with the sloped part of the bumper rather than the straight part

X1-12

Smash Champion
% does not matter, Its probably just psychological.

The only bit more of advice I can give is walljump lower on the little wall, If you are running up the slope to it, jump earlier, no later than half way up the slope, where the black line is

Top Bottom