• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on Sudden Death?

aquaticpineapples

Smash Apprentice
So far according to my For Glory records I have only won one out of eight total sudden deaths. It has occured to me that certain characters have a clear advantage in sudden death, like Sonic who just side-Bs you over and over again until he hits and you get sent flying. As a Mario and Pikachu main, I have no clue what to do in sudden death except just stall out my opponent and hope that they get hit with a bomb first. Are there any specific strategies to help me win in this situation? Any advice is much appreciated

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
Mario/Pikachu can try to camp with fireball/thundershock and create an opening with those.

Raijinken

Smash Master
For Pikachu (and Mario to a lesser extent), your dash attack will kill them. If you can get a punish with that before the bob-ombs start falling, you should be fine. Otherwise, see if you can force them to try to jump over you, and punish them with Thunder.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
I always rush them down, anticipate a roll, then hit with a dash attack. I find people often roll backwards when being rushed down straight off in sudden death.

Top Bottom