• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on fighting ZSS

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
What is the best way to approach ZSS? You have to approach because she outranges you, but back air approach doesn't seem to be very reliable, as well as running and shielding (usually I get grabbed on dsmashed).

Rolling also is pretty sucky.

Any general tips on fighting a ZSS with DK?

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
Walking. I never even thought of that.

Yeah, that should solve all of my problems actually. Thanks a lot!

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Give several grabs / Down-B to rack up some damage / Dodge her initial projectiles / Smash her with F-smash or a good Range tilts.

Becareful about her Down-Smash that cause Paralysis and you can stay vunerable to her Side-B.

crifer

Smash Lord
I watched some vids of i think CBK and learned from him...
he approached only with jumps and doubejumps, bc ZSS projectiles
only cover the area nearly above the ground...
bair is your friend^^

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
walk

shield sideb, dodge grabs and tilt/grab when in range
This. Learn to PS her **** out of walks. You're going to have to be patient, and know how to punish moves on reaction. ZSS doesn't present any openings after her moves. All of her lag is in start-up, so you have to punish moves before they come out, and if you can't do that, you have to be ready to powershield.

Top Bottom