• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on Fighting Tourney Foxes

DaFlameking

Smash Cadet
I have a friend who I used to even out beat every other game with his Fox but after the summer, its like he went underground and his fox is like top tourney bracket level.

He does falling up airs + L cancels that
Shines me to death
Wave dash comboes

He says my Pikachu is too predictable, which it is. I'm able to beat all of my other friends and sometimes they get him down to 1 stock but I'm unable to get off even 1.

Tips and moves I should do more to get some power in fighting his Fox.

Thanks

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Fox gets combo'd pretty well... uthrow to usmash, uair to usmash, stuff like that. Gimp him with uairs... and... yeah. Learn to DI.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
learn to sdi the uair or be comboed by 2-3 of them per u-throw at low %.

DO NOT compete with his nair/bair with your full body aerials, and uair a lot. it's your only aerial that will cleanly beat his shffls (yay for slightly disjointed tail) and if you don't make use of this he'll **** you with his magical fox priority. u-tilt and d-tilt are also good, one against his ground and the other vs his aerials.

and then just do normal pikachu-like things.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Dsmash punishes spotdodges well and sets him up well for uairs.
Chainthrow is nice if you can pull it off.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Yes what everybody else said and also if he's at too high of damage for a up throw up smash then Dair him after the up throw.

Top Bottom