• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on chaining Arcfire?

LochTessMonster

Smash Cadet
So i've been maining Robin for quite a while, since the 3DS days, however chaining arcfire's together has always alluded me. I see people do it quite often and it seems like a great damage racking option so I was wondering if anyone had some tips on it?

Last edited:

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
While it is flashy, I really don't think it's optimal to bother doing unless you know you're going to be able to Arcfire>Arcfire>Aerial. Just chaining 2 Arcfires with no aerial followup seems ultimately pointless.

LochTessMonster

Smash Cadet
It could lead to some pretty good kill setups though, at least I think. Arcfire -> Arcfire -> LSUair could kill pretty effectively wouldn't it? Is it just not worth the tome uses?

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
People generally just chain arc fire into an aerial attack because trying to chain arcfire is very inconsistent and can be difficult.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Arcfire is a decent anti-air tool due to its starting point and trajectory, so it's easiest (note that I say "easiest", because nothing Robin does comes easy) to connect when someone tries to approach through the air. If you catch them at close proximity you can usually land another Arcfire before the first one finishes. If they're farther than about one Robin width away it's best to just up air the place your opponent is going to be after he gets launched. Alternatively, you can opt to grab your opponent as they're trapped in the fire. His down throw can lead to an up air, but it's a bit of a 50/50 since your opponent will be able to air dodge or double jump before up air can connect.

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555
Honestly, I would not chain arcfires at all. Mainly because of the following reasons:

1) It leaves you vulnerable if you miss.
2) It uses a second Arcfire tome use, and rarely does connect due to DI.
3) You will get punished unless they completely miss it.

After you connect with an Arcfire, attempt to follow-up with either a close-up Levin UAir or use Levin FAir at Low Percents for an easy amount of damage.

LochTessMonster

Smash Cadet
Yeah generally i'll just finish an arcfire off with a LSFair or a LSUair, but I saw people chaining arcfires and it looked pretty effective. Thanks for the responses, I guess i'll just figure out some more aerial strings to pull off after an arcfire.

Nah

Smash Champion
It is theoretically possible to do Arcfire-->Arcfire-->Levin Uair (I was able to do it a few times against a Training mode CPU, gets about 35-38% damage total) but it's rather difficult to do because of the endlag Robin has on Arcfire. You need to be super quick and super precise to actually get it off. And in actual battle it's even harder because of DI. It also doesn't work during anything other than low percents so it's not a kill option either. And at kill percents you might as well just save a tome usage and just do Arcfire-->SH Levin Uair anyway.

But just for double Arcfire, the thing is that you have to stand a rather specific distance away for you to be able to jump and land the 2nd Arcfire, and Robin has to be practically touching the other character for it to connect too.

Top Bottom