• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips On Cancling Areials

_X_

Smash Lord
I'd like a few tips on canceling my aerials without changing my controls around.

Back air mostly.

B-airing out off a full hop ends before you hit the ground and I've found I get punished a lot for landing lag on that move.

I use the c-stick for my aerials. I've tried with A but it messes up my di.

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
What I would do is slide my thumb from the jump buttons to the (use the A button for this) bair. It has to be quick though. Your jump will be replaced by a flying bair. You can DI during the action or right after the kick and move to your original spot. This can give you enough time to do another jump into another bair if you want. Or you could just escape. But yeah, see if that works out for ya.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I always use l for jumping and the c-stick together for air attacks I find it easier.

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
a full-hopped back air does auto cancel but the hit box only stays out until a bit after you reach the peak of your jump, so if your enemy is still at ground level it most likely wont hit them. Since the lag can be punished, I usually only use back air as a situational edge guard, or use a full hopped back air to hit the opponent while there on platforms.

Neutral air (the same applies for down air aswell) DOES NOT auto-cancel from it being full hopped. It only makes it so that every kick comes out, but there will be lag on the landing. But a good strategy that I use so that there is no lag upon landing, is that I do a ground jump and immediatly after a mid-air jump (similar to DJC) and then do a nair. Although it sends you a bit higher than a full-hopped Nair, every hit comes out and theres zero lag. It's basically just a safer way of doing it. It also puts you in a good hieght to hit your opponent as he jumps up off the ledge, and if he gets by it, it will be hard to punish because there wont be any lag. But sometimes if you do it to quick only a short hop will come out and make things worse, so its really whatever you prefer.

Up air auto cancels off of a short-hop and forward air auto-cancels of of a full-hop.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
What I would do is slide my thumb from the jump buttons to the (use the A button for this) bair. It has to be quick though. Your jump will be replaced by a flying bair. You can DI during the action or right after the kick and move to your original spot. This can give you enough time to do another jump into another bair if you want. Or you could just escape. But yeah, see if that works out for ya.
This also works amazingly for Nair as well ( you can land all four hits if timed right ), thx also for the info, gonna implement it into my game play.

Trozz

Smash Ace
N-air is so easy to pull off. Just use it as a full hop and it will destroy anything in front of you or on a platform. The last hit has massive KO too. There's no lag on this at all if you full jump it. I call hax...

Top Bottom