• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on a Mii Brawler's Specials?

Animekey

Smash Cadet
NNID
Animekey
3DS FC
2277-7760-6665
[I hope making this thread wasn't overdone before, or is inappropriately posted/could be asked in the social]

Hey, I'm one of the handful who just jumped on in on the Mii Fighter Fun Train!
Now, I've been very peculiar on the Brawler's special, to which set I should use from now on in General.
I seem to be liking 2222.
I don't know the uses of Ultimate Uppercut, other than it being a Psuedo Counter and a Bait/Enemy Approacher(?).
What are the other uses, and can it be a combo finisher possibly? Also any tips when to "counter" an attack?

Flaming Dropkick seems like another mix-up option to use when in persuing opponents or roll punishing. Nothing else I know of.

Helicopter Kick is so delightful to land, and does such a good amount of damage and great knockback. I've used it to sort of finish of FAirs or another get-up from the ledge. The garnish recovery has caused me to SD quite a few times, but I didn't know the angle and height of where it reaches.

Feint Kick! Another jump! Such a good mobility move! I'm guessing to recover its DSpecial->Jump->UpSpecial?
I don't play ZSS so, I'm not quite sure how to apply it to neutral game or an enemy rushing me down.

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Ultimate Uppercut is a kill move for a Brawler that accidentally gets their opponent to high percents. JabJab -> UU is potent, and oh so satisfying to land.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Is it bad to get your opponent at a high percent? I heard it's all about the early kills yo.
It's bad to get anyone to high %s without a kill, but especially for Brawler.
As @ Marrow Marrow said, Jab-Jab-UU is a thing that's fairly useful as 2Jabs works into faster followups when the opponent doesn't expect it, and UU gets Super Armor which makes up for the fact that it's too slow to reliably combo. Think of UU as a chargeable, weaker KO Punch. This also means you should never use it in the air since it only does 14% there, has bad knockback, and (I believe?) it loses its super armor.

Helicopter Kick is why it's bad for your opponent to get to high %s, as Brawler can kill with Helicopter Kicks offstage and still recover at ludicrous %s. It increases his airspeed in freefall which is why he can recover fairly easy if you do it well. This can also chain out of DThrow.

Feint Jump is a must. The other moves aren't worth it. Keep in mind that it ledge cancels. It's more comparable to Ganondorf's Wizard Dropkick than ZSS's flip.

For Side-B, might I suggest Onslaught? It's good for punishing laggy attacks even at a fair distance, and KOs at around 130%. It's won me a decent amount of matches as a Brawler.

Animekey

Smash Cadet
NNID
Animekey
3DS FC
2277-7760-6665
Hmmm, yeah. I was using Ultimate Uppercut as a punish for laggy moves. Feels real good hitting it.

I've killed a few off stage at 60-80%, it is ridiculous and fairly safe considering your opponent is off-stage and can mostly only air dodge it.

I don't think I use Feint Jump properly, I only use it for recovering really. I'm not even sure how to ledge cancel like you said. I need some practice for this one.

I think I'll take that in consideration, I've used Onslaught before. Not carefully though or thoughtfully.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
1122, 2122 and 2222 seem to be the favourites for the most part. Soaring Axe Kick and Headache Maker seem to have immediately fallen out of favour, with Piston Punch not being too grand of an attack, especially now the One Inch Punch has been patched out. Leg Flurry is ok-ish for some comboing, but isn't the best of moves.

Apparently Head-on Assault has some edge guarding tech but I can't remember where it came from.

At the moment, I'm tempt to take up Onslaught again, though I might miss the recovery potential and damage of Burning Dropkick (that, and BDK takes priority of the majority of high damage moves, even when launched uncharged, so it can be a fairly decent counter to opponents using moving attacks like a flare blitz or a falcon kick)

2222 is, at this moment of writing, my favoured set.

Top Bottom