• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for wavedashing faster and further with Falco?

Y

Yodery

I'm having tons of trouble with this... Someone help? I jump with X, and wavedash with L, if that matters. And as dumb as it sounds, I use a Gamestop Chameleon controller; maybe I should use a Nintendo brand controller? I'm confused as all Hell, haha. So, can anyone help please? :S

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Official Nintendo Gamecube controllers help, I used a third party controller at a friend's house today and my wavedashes became awful. Basically it comes down to trying to press L while angling the control stick as soon as you leave the ground to make them faster and farther.

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman
Yeah nintendo controllers are much better if you can get one. Nintendo stopped selling them recently, the only place I know of to get one new is ordering it from play asia- the fact that nintendo stopped selling them is probably a sign that you won't be able to get them new much longer so if you want a new one you should probably get on that. If not you can always browse around for used ones at places like gamestop.

Other than that it comes down to practice, as does everything. Falco is one of the harder characters to wavedash with, just go in to training mode and spend some time with it.

As for the button inputs I don't think it really matters as long as you're doing what feels most natural for you. There's no apparent advantage of using L over R or vice versa. Y is closer to B than X, which matters for things like multishines (which isn't relevant to wavedashing I know, just throwing this out there) but people get to high skill levels using both buttons. PP jumps with X I believe so I think you can get good no matter how you use a controller as long as you do what feels best and practice with it.

Y

Yodery

Thanks all. I'll definitely look into getting a Nintendo brand controller, see if that helps any.

SneakyDave

Smash Cadet
I'm having tons of trouble with this... Someone help? I jump with X, and wavedash with L, if that matters. And as dumb as it sounds, I use a Gamestop Chameleon controller; maybe I should use a Nintendo brand controller? I'm confused as all Hell, haha. So, can anyone help please? :S
hey I jump with X, and wavedash with L as well

to WD further: put control stick more horizontal

as for faster WD i think u just gotta practice and get faster

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
Hey guise. If anyone could help me out also I'm having trouble WDing after dash dancing and instead I spot dodge (for example Fthrow > DD to turn around > WD). Can anyone offer advice? Thanks :)

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
press the jump button harder

start by practicing dd turnaround jump airdodge and close the gap between jumping and airdodging until you're wd'ing

Alotsa

Smash Cadet
I main fox and whenever I mess with Falco its a very difficult timing change for me. I did find one thing that helped with the WD though.

When I hit R to WD I Hold it down, otherwise I tend to do the WD to fast and usually end up full hopping. This method seems to force me to time the WD properly for Falco and is how I would practice till I got the Timing correct. holding R after spot doge doesn't cause you to re-shield or anything to so I find it useful. If that helps at all. Good Luck!

-Alotsa

Top Bottom