• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for tournament tomorrow!!

HAKU

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow I am going to a tournament for ssbm and I need tips for Falco on which stage i should play and what should i do with that certain stage. I am most concerned about Falco's, Sheik's, Marth's and Fox's. Any tips and hints will be great (combos will be appreciated too ^^)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
LOL finally someone posted my guide on one of these threads

But yeah, check th stickies son, there'll be tons of great info on stuff like that.

And imo, i would say play stages like these agianst those people

Marth: FD if CGing isn't a problem, DL, i like Yoshi's for low kill zones but watch out for tippers, and Pokemon Stadium reduces a lot of his gay ****.

Sheik: kill your self 4 times when the match starts

Falco: FD lol, waveshine combos crazy for both sides. Spam SHL of course. Pokemon Staidum and DL are good as well. the others work too but i'd choose one of those 3

Fox: same as falco IMO

(JK about sheik, i hate the match-up but i'd say its safe to go Pokemon or FD. yoshis is good too for the platforms. of course battlefield and FoD work, but BF has gay edges and FoD ***** your SHL if you're not careful.)

Oskurito

Smash Lord
If its your first tournament, I say stay calm whatever happens, since most people usually feel nervous at tourneys it could affect your playstile and probably make you lose a match...

HAKU

Smash Apprentice
20~30 people came for the SSBM event and I came in the top10 somewhere around 6~7th
not too happy about the result though lol

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Good job though, 6-7th in your FIRST tournament isn't nad, it means you did pretty good since it;s your FIRST. Better luck next time I guess.

Jem.

Smash Master
Unless it was a giant noobfest.
There are lots of videos of good people online (PC Chris, ect) where when it comes down to last life, become very very desperate for the kill and win, and just start slowly walking and forward smashing. Do NOT lose your composure in a close match towards the end. Play how you had been the whole match. As falco, be aggressive. Don't give them a chance to go on the offensive.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
or, you know, don't go aggressive. Pull a mathos if you want. Just do whatever works. Hell, if they'll get hit by a just walk up and fsmash, do it.

Top Bottom