• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for tak

TAK$

Smash Ace
so i'm a fairly decent falco player (so i've been told) but i have problems with waveshining, it's such a pain in the a$$ since i tend to hold the r button to long... i think it's cause i burn my fingers out playing falco so much that i get lazy when i get to the wave shine point, lets say i'm doing a best 3/5, i cando everything perfect and win game 1, then i have trouble and notice i get slower around games 2 and 3, any tips on how to better condition my fingers or some other thing?

D

Deleted member

hmmmmmm waveshining can be difficult at....hey!...you changed it again!?!

TAK$

Smash Ace
lol yep shy guy ftw!, but should i avoid waveshining until i get used to playing falco more?

D

Deleted member

you could but is that the only thing that yoiu have trouble with?

TAK$

Smash Ace
pretty much, that and trouble with other falcos/fox's but i think that comes with practice, i just have a hard time powersheilding falcos lasers.

D

Deleted member

yeah..dont worry about the powersheilding thats just a bonus that comes w/exp. but w/falco wave shining isnt as practical as foxes but it does have its uses but i would suggest getting all his other moves down packed hardcore first.

EDIT:you changed it again!?! O.o

TAK$

Smash Ace
i killed my fingers ever since C3 learning everything with everyone i could, i also sd like once a match doing something stupid, it sucks or i just miss hitting down and end up using the illusion thing instead of the reflector, also falcos wd was a bish to master, but i got it. i also need a new controller, my y, b, cstick, a, r, z, and analog stick, buttons dont work anymore i'm also gonna try to get some vids up so you guys can tell me what i'm doing wrong.

D

Deleted member

im glad you mentioned having trouble w/the wavedash...do you know why it was so hard to do?

TAK$

Smash Ace
because it's inbetween sheik and luigis timing it seems, so the timing was weird to me as i mained sheik and luigi before. that's what i think anyway.

D

Deleted member

excellent...i can be a vry big help here.okay get this have you ever tried to wave dash with say...link or bowser?

D

Deleted member

uhhh i forget lololol....go to versusus and pick falco and pick fox as a human plyr(falco too)

EDIT:no time limit of course

D

Deleted member

hehehe alright do foxes wavedash a couple of times then do falcos a couple and tell me if you notice a difference

D

Deleted member

alright check this out.since your used to doing shiek and luigis w-dash you are used to doing it fairly quickly.links jump takes a few frames for him to leave the ground aft. you hit jump meaning you air dodge a little bit aft. you hit jump BUT since link is a slow character you naturally do it this way.following so far?

D

Deleted member

good now get this remember how you said you only jump w/falco when you w-dash? that because falco is like link he takes few seconds to leave the ground but you are air dodging so quick you do it before he even jumps! now you do it correctly w/link because he is naturally slow but w/falco he seems alot faster wich in turn makes you think you hav to do it fast. in reality you actually do it almost as slow as links!now try that and tell me your results BUT first w/button do you use?(for your jump)

TAK$

Smash Ace
X+r i have to use my bros controller since my buttons broke lol. getting a new one tomorrow

D

Deleted member

x button good y isnt bad either but x is good(especially for shine wavingO.o) now try what i said and give me your delicious results lol

TAK$

Smash Ace
lol i can waveshine now without killing my fingers ... funny how that works heh thanks! now, do i use it how i would normaly use it like with sheik?

D

Deleted member

with who fox or falco?

EDIT:or did you mean sheiks wave dash?

D

Deleted member

okay combos...youll have to give me a second to type some stuff for this part but answer this do you have any problems doing either w-shine now?

EDIT:that doesnt includ the backward w-shine ill save that for the future

TAK$

Smash Ace
little messups here and there, but hey i just started, and i have the combos down pretty much but some typed wouldnt hurt.

D

Deleted member

cool cool now well start w/ fox.uuuhhhhhh exit that match and make fox a human annnnd peach a human

D

Deleted member

okay you do know that w/fox some chars get hit(shined) further than others and some even get knocked down right?

D

Deleted member

well since were talking bout marth..... when you wave-shine him aft. the dash run up to him and up throw him into up air or something like that...ANYWAY but yeah practice fox whenever but lets worry about falco so on to the peice of resiststance.since you want to get good enough to take on k.c. cloud and are learning falco...its time for some falco combos on falco!

TAK$

Smash Ace
psh, i can take k.c. ... i think. my sheik is almost on his level, but he wants flaco dittos.

D

Deleted member

thats why im here okay lets get down to it first things first the shine....this can make you or break you in a falco ditto.now before the combo part you should know how to avoid a good falco so you dont get punished....now i assume you are aware of falcos pillar combos?

Top Bottom