• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for Sheik *More Vids*

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm sort of new to this game. I just started getting "competitive" about three months ago and was wondering if anyone had any tips for my sheik.

here's the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4JxRzU_so8

:edit: sorry its so choppy

:double edit:

Here are some more vids from 7/24, please note improvement and areas I still need to work on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY4nSEXR0w8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2FANEBR760

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ipX7Kd6hA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWWxCn_EEBI

thanks!

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
no, just from playing and seeing what works. I've watched a of vids of Forward, Drephen, DSF, Rob$, and some other people. why?

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
Hold A b4 the match starts to start as sheik

when u telport to the ledge, hold the direction of the ledge and u will grab it(sweet spotting) so u dont have to worry about getting hit hwile landing on the ledge

learn to short hop (lightly tap jump)

follow up more and combo, dont just hit and jump around

dont dash attack a lot

grab more (sheik's grabs lead to combos and have good reach)

dont just wavedash or jump for no reason, make sure ur actually doing a mind game or settign up for something else (or else its useless wiggling around that will prolly get u hit)

watch other sheik vids to get an idea on some combos that work or better ways to move with her

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
I have trouble following up from grabs against fastfallers. Is that just me, or is that something that a lot of people have problems with?

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
I love tech-chasing. Down throw, predict where he'll tech-roll, chase after him and grab/dash attack/downsmash. If he techs in place or doesn't tech, upsmash/downsmash.

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
fast fallers fall fast, so u cant usually grab and then hit them unless u up throw (sometimes they can DI away tho). ur better off tech chasing with grabs or downsmashes agasint em.

CopyCat

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately that takes time to break a habit you have. One way is to focus your time on what else you can do in that situation while playing to break the habit.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Yes, if you are aware about the strategies and techniques of competitive smash play, really the only thing to do from there is to play other people (who are better than you, or at least at the same stage and willing to learn). A lot. Sheik's technical game isn't that deep anyhow =\

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
What can I do in place of dash-attacking to buffer my approaches and make them less laggy/punishable? When I play falco, I have SHL to buffer my approach, and when I play Peach I have turnips and float-canceled nairs to buffer and reduce lag from attacks, but when I play sheik I just don't know what approaches work.

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
air needles then follow up with a grab or dash attack, usually hits

but there is more lag behind her dash attack, so u should really only use it when ur comboing (like someone hasnt teched or is falling)

Grabs and short hops r prolly the best approach, or foward tilts (they have more range than you may think)

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'll try to put that into play next time I get to play a human and hopefully I'll have another vid up then, but I don't think the quality will be much better.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
if anything, just play lvl 1 computers so u can get usedto juggling, dont play level 9's cuz ull get used to them walking right into everything. Practice beign aggresive on the level 1's and see what kind of things might work and then u can try em on ppl when u play them

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
I didnt watch a ot but, Better,
still dash attacking a little much. And dont be afraid to wavedash into the tilts to give u a lil more reach. SWEETSPOPT THE LEDGE! when u teleport to recover hold the direction of the ledge and let go when u explode so u grab it. This way u dont get samshed in the face when u land on the level.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
its easy, go to training, hold the ledge and jump off backwards then up b back to the edge. Might be easier on corneria so u can do it on the wing and not have to worry about dieing

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
Like i said b4, hold down until u explode, let go after that or ull miss the edge. it works with zelda and mewtwo also.

Top Bottom