• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for newbies

MegaDave03

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, this forum is to post advices for Charizard MAIN newbies.
Being a noob myself I have two big questions on regards of Zards metagame:

1) what is your best recommendation for landing? Everytime they send me flying I struggle trying yo find out the safest way to land.... Do you use rock smash, down A, neutral, ir wait for aire dodge????

2) what is the best technique to assault my opponent when he is hanging on the edge???.... Sliding rock smash?, down A, shielding?

Thanks in advance

FatSlapper

Smash Rookie
Hi friend. For me I find flare blitz an amazing recovery tool. Rock smash can also be a very good option, neutral air is actually pretty decent as well and down air can be a monster. His fly has grown on me as well it's risky, but can kill sooo good.

As for edge guarding, his flamethrower I find is Just absolutely fabulous. I'll also switch it up with rock smash. Hope this helped.

M-Z

Smash Rookie
I'm not a charizard main but he's my favourite heavy to use so maybe my advice can help you out. For landings I love using n-air, it has really good range and deals decent damage. For edgegaurding I like to back off from the edge a little bit and use flamethrower, if they jump up from the ledge I usually use u-smash or another n-air.

MegaDave03

Smash Rookie
Seems like fair techniques, neutral air for landing anda flamethrower for edge guarding.... Thanks guys!!!!

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Use Rock Smash to defend from attacks you know will be fatal, Rock Smash absorbs the blow and responds accordingly.

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
If you do a short hop and immediately neutral air, you will land with no lag. Useful to attack safely on shield and follow up with jabs or grabs or defensive options like rolling.

Top Bottom