• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for Ice Climber fights..?

Fat Otaku

Smash Apprentice
I dont know if it is just because my aerial game still sucks, and my shine time and spacing is poor... but is there any helpfull move I should be using against Ice Climbers?

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Just watch out for ice blocks and blizzard, poke with sh bair, and your f smash and downsmash should do the job nicely

§witch

Smash Lord
Ice climbers are in my opinion the worst characters in the game. But everyone has problems with different characters and I guess they are yours...

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
I definitely have to disagree with you, Letterbomb. Ice Climbers certainly weren't the worst character in Melee, and they've improved a lot relative to the rest of the characters in brawl. I think they're pretty good in this game, though I'm holding off on saying how good.

I agree with Kosk. Their ice blocks and blizzard are a pain, so just do your best not to play into them. Same thing goes for their throws. Bairs, fsmash, and dsmash are your best bets for attack.

Tokerella

Smash Apprentice
I definitely have to disagree with you, Letterbomb. Ice Climbers certainly weren't the worst character in Melee, and they've improved a lot relative to the rest of the characters in brawl. I think they're pretty good in this game, though I'm holding off on saying how good.

I agree with Kosk. Their ice blocks and blizzard are a pain, so just do your best not to play into them. Same thing goes for their throws. Bairs, fsmash, and dsmash are your best bets for attack.
qft.. ice shot spamming is obnoxious

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I have to disagree with Fsmash, at least mostly. If you even get shield grabbed once by a failed Fsmash then boy are you about to have the damage racked up on you.

I have only fought Ice Climbers once, but I know how they work and I played them a lot in Melee. The blocks and blizzard are vicious in Brawl, obviously. I think the absolute most important thing is spacing. Don't get too close to be grabbed, but don't stay so far away that you get ice block spammed. As someone said earlier, poke with your bair. You can land behind them and unleash hell or dsmash. Just for the love of God, don't get grabbed.

Top Bottom