• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for float cancel NAIR consistency?

Xquirtle

Smash Journeyman
Hi Peach mains,

Do you guys have any tips or tricks for consistently getting 'tight' float cancel nairs, especially out of down tilt? I've been practicing Peach since the tech grind is interesting, and I'm having trouble getting consistent at float cancel nairs (sometimes getting an unwanted dair). I'm currently just doing the inputs straight forward with default controls. I tried using the left bumper (i use a PROcon) as jump, which frees up the right thumb to only have one job, but it just feels so dang odd. Anyway, I'm just planning to put in the time and grind this one out, but I thought I'd see what you guys have to say.

comfortable_lamp

Smash Cadet
I think this is just a problem with practice. I would go into training mode and do this at 1/4 or 1/2 speed until you can do it perfectly, then do it at normal speed, but slowly, and start going faster from that.

Johhny_C_Bad

Smash Rookie
Practice makes perfect. I warm up in training by setting the CPUs launch rate to fixed at 0%, then I do dtlit to float-canceled nairs and see how many times I can do it consecutively without screwing up. I keep going until I can do around 15-20 in a row consistently. If I mess up, I start over.

Dark.pch has a video about practicing and that's where I got the idea from, it helped me out a lot.

Xquirtle

Smash Journeyman
Practice makes perfect. I warm up in training by setting the CPUs launch rate to fixed at 0%, then I do dtlit to float-canceled nairs and see how many times I can do it consecutively without screwing up. I keep going until I can do around 15-20 in a row consistently. If I mess up, I start over.

Dark.pch has a video about practicing and that's where I got the idea from, it helped me out a lot.
Yeah I came across dark peach. I like how he talks about neutral. Unfortunately, my control of the character is just not good enough to play her yet. I have trouble breaking 2 million GSP with her since I just can't create pressure properly. Mainly because i can't reliably pull off her out of shield options, and shes actually just so slow and committed to movement without float cancels. Very difficult character to play. Anyways, I do enjoy her as a side project since her training mode combos are fun. I was working on float dair ->first hit up air -> dtilt -> fc nair -> down throw -> bair. It feels super good to pull off that string, or variants of it. i just can't get it against players since im gettin my ass whooped lol.

Top Bottom