• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for Fighting a Zelda!

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
I would love to watch and critique your matches.

It's best to use Ganon's u-air, n-air, and his other quicker moves to take out the dins. You don't want those little fireballs to be around once one of you tries to go in. Nullify them quickly and as safely as possible.

One last thing (I can't believe I forgot this), Zelda DOESN'T WANT TO BE IN THE AIR ABOVE YOU. She has no reliable options. Dair comes out too slow, nair doesn't have a low enough hit box, and Nayru's (panic button) also doesn't have a low enough hitbox. Most of the time, if they're in the air, they will either try to use their teleport to get back down to the ground, or try to grab the ledge on either side of the stage. Find out what they prefer, and punish accordingly.

*Deleted at the request of Dark*

Oh, and you might be wondering what a love jump is. When Zelda is in hit stun, she can jump and quickly use Nayru's (panic button, agian) to rise higher in the air than she would have if she had just jumped. This isn't really that important to know, since it will just give you more time to think about how you are going to destroy her once she comes back to the ground, but she may use it to get out of combos (how on earth are you doing combos with Ganon?) or recovering back to the ledge.

I try. :awesome:
Yay! I was right about getting below Zelda! It makes sense, her fast aerials can't really affect G-dorf from above. Oh, and thanks for the tip about the Arty Vortex

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
LOL at that one guy who's hoarding zelda tech because he "discovered it" and wants to keep it under wraps until he "makes a video about it". thats probably the most assholish thing i've seen all month so far. thats beyond selfish and it's just crippling the advancement of the zelda metagame. i'm sure zelda players would like to know what "diamond dropping" is, LOL he even named it. and unless you programmed it into the game with the pmbr, i'm kinda sure theres someone else who knows about it or maybe even discovered it on accident. but i dont play zelda, so i dont care.

WhiteLightnin

Smash Journeyman
Yay! I was right about getting below Zelda! It makes sense, her fast aerials can't really affect G-dorf from above. Oh, and thanks for the tip about the Arty Vortex
Yep, it's not just G-dorf though. Zelda's weakest positioning by far is when she is up above the opponent especially when just off of center so as to avoid any chance of Dair but directly below is still really good against her.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Yep, it's not just G-dorf though. Zelda's weakest positioning by far is when she is up above the opponent especially when just off of center so as to avoid any chance of Dair but directly below is still really good against her.
What options have you guys used for when you're above the opponent? I personally favor the Farore's Boost.

WhiteLightnin

Smash Journeyman
True, true :) only started playing competitively not even 6 months ago!

Also, to you Zelda mains, kudos for being soo open and friendly. Someone comes to your forum to ask HOW to beat you, and you give more than enough info. Really says something about our community!

<3 you guys xD
Hey we've got a brand new chat that we are just getting started to be able to IM and play with people in the community interested in learning about Zeldas and hanging with some Zeldas. lol You should come on over! http://xat.com/TheZeldaSocial

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
LOL at that one guy who's hoarding zelda tech because he "discovered it" and wants to keep it under wraps until he "makes a video about it". thats probably the most assholish thing i've seen all month so far. thats beyond selfish and it's just crippling the advancement of the zelda metagame. i'm sure zelda players would like to know what "diamond dropping" is, LOL he even named it. and unless you programmed it into the game with the pmbr, i'm kinda sure theres someone else who knows about it or maybe even discovered it on accident. but i dont play zelda, so i dont care.
The troll is strong in this one...
trust-me---yoda-knows-from-trolls_o_2211875.jpg

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
The troll is strong in this one...
rule no.1 of the internet.
if you think someone is trolling you ****ing ignore them you dont message them to get their attention with an obnoxiously large pic unrelated to the discussion long after they said anything and tell them they're trolling even when you see they're not pursuing any kind of argument, because that is trolling.
wtf man

Top Bottom