• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for Fighting a Metaknight?

Banditsofthesea

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. So, here's my question... Are there any tips for fighting Metaknight? I'm usually Pikachu, Luigi, Marth, or Mr. G&W, and i still beat him, but he still puts up one heck of a fight... So... any tips??? :)

Nodrak

Smash Ace
ROB has a good range on his attacks, probably the 2nd best recovery in the game and projectiles. Pikachu has speed. If you can try to get above ROB, his Utilt and Usmash is quick but your dair is quicker and deadly.
You may need to spam a few thunderjolts to get him into a spinning-reflector-attack mood, once he's doing that attack he's stuck there for a second.

Also, if you really wanna get on his nerves, grab his spinning top thing when it looks like it's losing it's spin and hang onto it! He cant charge/shoot another one until his first one dissapears

Banditsofthesea

Smash Apprentice
"UHalo is quick but your D.A.R.E. is quicker and deadly."

Question, what is UHalo and D.A.R.E.??? And grab the gyro thing, that ought to piss him off XD

Gogey

Smash Rookie
Its the april fools day filter. Halo is Sma5h, 5 is an s obviously, but I still cant figure out what dare is :p

-: Trey :-

Smash Apprentice
whoa did I miss something? who are all these characters? are they in spanish, Italian, or dutch?

Im lost ._.

coolguy75

Smash Cadet
The characters are in some way related. For example, Purin is the japanese name for J1gglypuff, and Courage is the part of the triforce L!nk has, and Mewtwo2 is Lucari0.

D.A.R.E. is downair: da!r sounds like dare

Robostrike

Smash Cadet
Personally, I would use DSmash. With it's large area of attack, chain it up with a Thunder under R.O.B. If you're lucky and you get R.O.B. high enough to be hit by thunder, then they will instantly fall off the stage ... vertically. ^_^ .

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
here are some of my personal experiences fighting my best friend who uses rob. a rob can be hit by short hopped fairs and bairs, and the occasional dairs, though it will leave you vulnerable when missed. a fair if done right will finish before you land adn you can combo off of that. occasional QAC attacks with dair and thunder are useful. when a rob is returning, if he trys to use his up-B over you, he cannot aeriel dodge while doing it, so thunder at will. do NOT try to dodge around rob as he will dsmash you. pikachus down dodge can just barely cause rob's dsmash to miss, then followed up by your own dsmash works very well. just letting him approachyou, then down dodging an attack and dsmashing is very effective, and puts him on the defensive. you can mix in some surprise attacks and grabs to keep him from getting a good read onyou. at a distance use thunderjolt till he starts shielding or reflecting, then run up and attack. My personal experiece is if rob is in the air, it is very hard for a pikachu to get near him, as all of rob's aeriels have good range and strength, especially the nair. just remember you are quicker and your aeriels faster. pretend like you are going to attack, let rob use an aeriel, then try to hit him after that. he is nearly impossible to edgegaurd, as he can recover so far, and there is no good way to prevent him from grabbign the platform. be a little terrorist, wear him down, then kill him carefully, and you should come out on top.

-: Trey :-

Smash Apprentice
now if theres one thing I have problems with are swordsmans! Ok with meta knight I keep my distance, as for his swords attacks can usually get nasty. Spam a little bit draw him in (just not to much) and do some aerial attacks then shift to ground attacks. In this game the rules are not to let your opponent know your everymove. So make sure you change it up a bit and have him on the edge. XD not sure if this helped any

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight hates Thunder like the Plague. It hits through the Mach Tornado, and screws up his Up+B/Gliding recovery. If he favors using Down-B on you while you're on the ground, start a DownSmash the moment he dissapears and he'll get caught in it.

philbobjoe

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight is also very floaty, so if you can get him in the air and downb him, it is easy to get a star ko on him.

Top Bottom