• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for Bowser? I NEED HELP!

Pάρί

Smash Apprentice
Hello, I'm trying to grasp Bowser as a character I really like him but can I have a few tips to help me improve my Bowser game

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Watch Jaime HR too!

I'd say watch me but I don't have enough recent recordings unfortunately. ;(

As far as tips go...

Practice your Up-B ledge snaps from the stage. (Grounded Up-B towards a ledge to auto-grab it. This is really easy when you're facing the ledge, but facing away from the ledge takes a bit more practice/timing)

Flame cancel is a nice, quick mix-up when landing from a jump/short-hop. It helps against other close range characters that don't even have a semi-projectile like we do (Marth/Ike/Roy/Sanic/Ganon, etc)

Our tilts out-range a lot of things. Down-tilt is great for edgeguarding and is pretty safe since we get a good bit of armor from our crouch. (don't try to armor while down-tilting though, the armor for that is negligible)

Forward Smash in moderation is really cool if you learn how to space your nifty dodge-trick perfectly. Down-smash has a neat disjointed hit-box that activates behind you; you can use that to surprise your opponent and cover certain tech options. Up-smash is somewhat situational but is one of your sharking tools.

Up-B out of shield is a nice defense but EASILY punished if it's shielded. Mix it up with Short Hop Nair or Fair OOS.

1-2 Jab is a nice/quick gtfo me move if you're too worried about another move getting punished. And our first Jab can be canceled into grabs or tilts to start combos and stuff.

Dash Attack is SO good when used correctly. It destroys/juggles Falco when he's shffl'in lasers near you. You can plow right through the lasers or any shine attempt he makes and start a juggle. Repeated Dash Attack combo is a thing and it's really dirty. As far as mix-ups go, our Dash GRAB has a very similar start-up animation as well as having the longest reach of any other Dash Grab in the game. So use it to keep your opponent guessing.

Down-B edge-guarding is underrated and not used /correctly/ as much as it should be. Also if your opponent is dumb enough to let you take them to Yoshi's Story, you can do some funny Down-B auto-cancels on the ledge when Randal is right there. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_GJ7NHEA70&feature=player_detailpage#t=240 )

While Bowser has some nice options for OOS play, it's actually a good idea to not shield very often. It leaves you immobile and in one spot for the most part. The more you're able to move, the harder you are to predict.

Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, Bowser's a terrible character. Don't pick him.

Top Bottom