• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips Against Zelda?

Worminator

Smash Rookie
Hi guys! First post, but I have been reading a lot. My roommate and I play a lot, he mains Shiek but with Oli I just own him. He has started to use Zelda, and strictly Zelda instead of Shiek and it is really giving me a lot of trouble. I throw Pikmin, they are reflected back to me and I take the damage. I can't get close enough to him because he uses Zelda's B> very well, and when I do make it through, Zelda's smash outranges mine by a super small margin, but nevertheless it is enough to make the difference. Matches are pretty matched up currently and I feel like I should be dominating more but I am not. I hate to think of what is to come when he gets better so any tips are appreciated, thanks!

G

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Hi guys! First post, but I have been reading a lot. My roommate and I play a lot, he mains Shiek but with Oli I just own him. He has started to use Zelda, and strictly Zelda instead of Shiek and it is really giving me a lot of trouble. I throw Pikmin, they are reflected back to me and I take the damage. I can't get close enough to him because he uses Zelda's B> very well, and when I do make it through, Zelda's smash outranges mine by a super small margin, but nevertheless it is enough to make the difference. Matches are pretty matched up currently and I feel like I should be dominating more but I am not. I hate to think of what is to come when he gets better so any tips are appreciated, thanks!

G
I know how you feel, mate. Zelda is a tough woman. However, there are ways to get around her scary Din's Fire. Try to be more opportunistic with Pikmin Throw when you're fighting Zelda, because as you said, she can reflect them. When you see Zelda using Din's Fire, I'd suggest jumping into the air and moving around to try and dodge it when it explodes. This is the important part though: while you are in the air, THROW Pikmin at her! She's stuck in a pose while using Din's Fire. She's helpless to Pikmin latching onto her. The only way she can save herself is by stopping Din's Fire and punching off the Pikmin. This is your chance to rush in. As you said, her smash is scary. What do you do? I'd suggest shield grabbing her. Your grab has a further range than her forward smash. The important thing is to be opportunistic with Pikmin Throw, in this match. I hope that helps.

Also, remember this: if you manage to get just ONE Pikmin to latch onto Zelda, that will most definitely stop her from using Din's Fire. She will focus on getting the Pikmin off. You don't need to throw your entire Pikmin army at her, hoping that one will latch. Find an opening and throw a Pikmin on her as accurately as possible. Think of it as sniping her with a sniper rifle. :) The key is to use mind games.

Mez

Smash Cadet
Yellow pikmin > all zelda's atack, they are immune to electricity so they can bypass almost every1 of zelda's atack and once they hit her atack they go thru it and they cancel her hitbox so u dont get hit by it, so try to save those yellow pikmin when u get them ;)

Top Bottom