• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips against roy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
Even at higher percents hold down. You can still CC things even if you are at like 90-110%. Block Fsmash/dsmash though. :laugh:
i'll have to learn to CC more, i never do it though because i never understood why. If you have time to think "i should crouch" why wouldn't you just put shield on and not take the damage?

The only reason im unsure about beating this kid is because it might be a completely new playing style. I mentioned somewhere else how my brother switched to roy to practice (he's been roy before but not much) and he beat my falco (my best character) the first few battles by 2 stocks because i was so un-used to the playing style.

Might end up happening tomorrow, i'll record it and try to put it on here for you guys lol

edit: **** raynEX thats you in that combo video? I've seen some of those clips before on other fox videos, really impressive

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
i'll have to learn to CC more, i never do it though because i never understood why. If you have time to think "i should crouch" why wouldn't you just put shield on and not take the damage?

The only reason im unsure about beating this kid is because it might be a completely new playing style. I mentioned somewhere else how my brother switched to roy to practice (he's been roy before but not much) and he beat my falco (my best character) the first few battles by 2 stocks because i was so un-used to the playing style.

Might end up happening tomorrow, i'll record it and try to put it on here for you guys lol

edit: **** raynEX thats you in that combo video? I've seen some of those clips before on other fox videos, really impressive
Falco can't do much with his grab. I mean, you can probably throw and MAYBE get a combo off...but if he d.i.s correctly it shouldn't happen. Roy isn't a fastfaller ya know.

Falco's options straight out of a CCed shine are alot better vs. Roy then out of his grab. This goes for alot of his other match-ups too. Getting a hit with your shine is your best combo starter/punish tool hands down. Putting yourself in shield may also give your opponent time to space their moves and grab or something. CCing completely turns things around and puts you into the position of power. They lag right in front of you and you can do virtually anything you want to teach them why they should've been more careful.

Thanks alot. Some guy from the U.S. made a montage of my tourny matches. Duno why, but its cool.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
the good news: I'm having a tournament tomorrow which i expect to be awesome and that kieran kid and his friend (who i beat, not by much, at the brawl tournament when it first came out) are coming.

bad news: I've never played either at melee and now its actually going to count for something. I wanted to play the kid today but his friend said I'd learn his playing style which is exactly why i wanted to play him lol

should be crazy...hopefully i still win the money cause if one of them wins i'm gonna be pissed :p

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
Just had the tournament

It was mad fun, 2 out of 3 and double elimination. I lost one game in a 2 out of 3 but still won the match overall and other than that went undefeated but there were some really close matches.

As for that kid Kieran who plays Roy he wasn't even that good. we didn't play in the tournament but we played after that and i won the first with 2 lives left even after suiciding at 0% and then one the next one with 1 life left (i just looked and had 3 lives right away, i don't even remember dying)

Won $45 too :D

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
If he knows how to space, try laser to ftilt shield. This can mess people up. If he likes to grab a lot, make sure you shine after your aerials. Whenever he's recovering, grab the ledge and force him to up-b onto the stage then jump up and bair him back off.

MaritLage227

Smash Apprentice
my tip to you is to use my personal move. since falco's illusion has a great hit box, Run off the edge, DI away until you think your double jump will put you to the same height of the ledge, double jump away from ledge, then illusion into it . This technique, done correctly, will spike your opponent at the tip of the illusion, and put you in the edgehog position, all in one (I call it the illu tip). Practise first though! try on bowser so you have a bigger target. always works for me. to make it better against pros, after using it, fall from ledge, then Dair after double jumping back on stage, as in midair. this helps block spike cancellers.
Practise hard, Good Luck!

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
my tip to you is to use my personal move. since falco's illusion has a great hit box, Run off the edge, DI away until you think your double jump will put you to the same height of the ledge, double jump away from ledge, then illusion into it . This technique, done correctly, will spike your opponent at the tip of the illusion, and put you in the edgehog position, all in one (I call it the illu tip). Practise first though! try on bowser so you have a bigger target. always works for me. to make it better against pros, after using it, fall from ledge, then Dair after double jumping back on stage, as in midair. this helps block spike cancellers.
Practise hard, Good Luck!
wait is he fur serial?

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
lol Idk why this was bumped but now that it is I might as well mention that the same kid says he would destroy me in brawl because he's fit and I couldn't use my lasers as much haha. I haven't played brawl seriously in a while but I'm sure I would probably still win

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
Saying you'd beat someone in brawl after you've lost to them in melee is the equivalent of saying that you'd beat them in thumb wrestling: irrelevant and pathetic.
Lol exactly, the worse they are the less they can tell a difference between the games. This one kid I know, Zach, still thinks he's good at melee (he sucks) and that brawl is just like it. I could still beat both of them in brawl anyway though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom