• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips Against Campy Characters?

Chappy

Smash Cadet
I've been maining T. Link for awhile now and I feel like I can fight characters that have to approach/melee-oriented characters fairly well. However, I have trouble with characters that either can out-zone T. Link and/or force him to approach. Does anyone here have any tips?

D

Deleted member

TL can out-camp most characters, so usually it means you should just camp harder and be more careful about avoiding/defending against the opponents projectiles. If that doesn't work then against most characters you should be able to safely space with zair.
:170:

Last edited by a moderator:

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
I deal with campers pretty easily with Toon Link. Specially with arrows, bombs and boomerangs to annoy them. Also long range grab can get you close.

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521
What I usually do is spam arrows(you may call me a teabag) so the players get messed up, Captain Falcon for example, he cant get close to me since he has no projectile moves, other than that don't taunt, that's going to drive them crazy.

LinkLuigi

Smash Rookie
NNID
LinkLuigi
What I usually do is spam arrows(you may call me a teabag) so the players get messed up, Captain Falcon for example, he cant get close to me since he has no projectile moves, other than that don't taunt, that's going to drive them crazy.
Yeah. I pretty much do the same thing

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
This is an interesting conversation about how Toon Link deals with other camp-heavy characters and I'd appreciate it if further posts stayed on topic. Hint: Captain Falcon is off topic.

Genix

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yanoshka
Approaching seems like a bad idea to me, since tink has very limited approach options. Tink should be able to outcamp every character in the cast anyway, the only problematic one i can think of is Olimar.

Arrows seem to be very important against other zoners; they're fast and can interrupt your opponents zoning set-ups. Pulling out bombs takes some time and boomerang has quite a bit of start-up, so arrows are essential to constantly pressure and out-camp your opponent. Also, try to punish laggier projectiles with bombs.
Tink should generally do well against other zoners, just be patient and zone smartly.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm surprised it hasn't been said, but throwing Bombs OoS is an extremely useful anti-camper strategy. You block a projectile with your shield then throw the bomb directly out of shield, and the bomb itself can eat through other smaller projectiles that typically follow larger ones (e.g. shield boomerang, bomb goes through arrow; shield charge shot, bomb goes through uncharged shot; etc).

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
Against other projectile characters I find that throwing out my projectiles after a full hop just destroys them.

Toon link's jump is high enough to dodge most projectiles and the diagonal angle we can shoot projectiles from seems to be a blind spot for other campy characters.

Also don't forget the hylian shield protects us from so much. If you don't feel like timing a perfect shield or your shield is getting low, just stand still and let our shield tank it.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Against opponents who are good at powershielding, a lot of this becomes not as ironstone. Just FYI, learning to be comfortable in melee range if need be is important, espescially against campers who generally aren't caught in animations or commitments and are able to powershield at anytime. Of course you're in that position too, but the players behind the controllers will dictate the best course of action - continuing to camp, or changing your gameplan if you get powershielded too often.

Last edited:
Top Bottom