• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tip on Fox Chain Grab vs Spacies

TangledTris

Smash Rookie
I've been practicing Fox's chain grab vs Spacies and found a trick for countering slight DI back at low percents. Rather than doing a normal walk input to turn around, I found that holding behind you during the throw animation and releasing a few frames after the end makes it much easier to turn around in place. This makes it much harder to mistime the walk input and take the small step that causes your opponent to land behind you after the turn around. While the other methods for slight DI back still work, I found the execution was much easier with this trick.

Muse_Showbiz

Smash Rookie
I would like to know wheather its harder to regrab, when the opponent DIs into your back? is it true that turnaround, dash, grab takes longer than a normal dash, grab? is there any frame datas about chain grabing spacies?

Muse_Showbiz

Smash Rookie
I've been practicing Fox's chain grab vs Spacies and found a trick for countering slight DI back at low percents. Rather than doing a normal walk input to turn around, I found that holding behind you during the throw animation and releasing a few frames after the end makes it much easier to turn around in place. This makes it much harder to mistime the walk input and take the small step that causes your opponent to land behind you after the turn around. While the other methods for slight DI back still work, I found the execution was much easier with this trick.
im using the same method. press back while throwing and then grab. if the opponent has more % and i cant tell if he is DIing into my back or not, i do a pivot grab.

Top Bottom