• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tip: Grabbing Thrown Items

busken

Smash Ace
First of all, credit for this discovery goes to @Queen B. Kyon for posting a video of a match on Smash Wii U. In Smash 4, you can grab an opponent's item by pressing the attack button at just the right time. This is very important because most people shield diddy's bananas not knowing that they can grab them and either get rid of it or use it against diddy. The same concept applies with Mega Man's metal blade, and peach's turnip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq4AMi8Iejg&feature=youtu.be

At 0:25 in the video you can see Hbox shield the turnip when he had enough time to react and try to grab throwing it back at Peach. Hopefully, characters that struggle with items can use this tip to their advantage.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Er, hasn't this been in every Smash game? Not so sure about 64,but I'm quite positive that it was in Melle and onwards.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
This have be in every smash game starting from melee and up this is not new.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
This is good to know for players who are new to the series, but for veterans, we have known this for a long time.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Can't you also air-dodge to grab thrown items?

KAOSN00B

Smash Cadet
I havent played against many [good] diddys but when ROB shoots his beyblade thing i dash attack to grab it and it works like a charm. Same with the koopa kids mecha koopas. Although it can be unsafe at close range but if they are far enough its much easier to pick them up like that.

Top Bottom