• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tink's OoS Options

Girth94

Smash Cadet
Hey, guys. Recently switched over to Tink, and I'm loving him. The frame data thread hasn't been updated (and I heard it was wrong anyway), so I was wondering what Tink's best OoS options are and what his options for escaping pressure are in general. His movement and keep-away game are both great, so I know this part of his game is designed to be weak. If you have any match-up specific advice, I'd love to hear that as well.

I also have a few (many) specific questions:
  • How fast is Tink's jump squat? I can't seem to DACUS, so I'm guessing <4 frames.
  • How fast is Tink's nair?
  • How good is WD OoS?
  • TINK'S ROLL IS SO ******* BAD. Is there ever an appropriate time to use this over WD OoS?
  • What frame does grounded up-b come out on?
  • Does aerial up-b on frame 1 in the air provide good coverage? Is it ever worth using over grounded up-b OoS?
  • Shield grabbing is really slow (obviously a trade-off for the range). Is it ever a good option?
  • I can't seem to glide toss (grounded) with Tink at all. I play ROB and can do it with him. Can Tink do it?
Thanks, guys! I'll be posting some video material in the video thread soon.

WIZRD.Pro

Smash Apprentice
  1. Very fast as you said, while I do not know the specifics, his SHFFL is the primary reason I chose him as a secondary char
  2. To come out? IDK but it is also very fast IIRC
  3. You know, I've never tried this. I really need to get back to the lab. But his AGT OoS is quite useful if you're caught with a bomb in shield IIRC.
  4. Again, forgot to test his OoS options during my last lab session, but I believe there's a general rule that the only time a Roll is better than a WD OoS is if they're right on top of you.
    I don't really read much into frame data so I don't know, but It's by far his best OoS option
  5. I really have no knowledge in the area of frame one up-b's. Still learning the timing.
  6. During a combo or to stop opponents right in front of your shield from pressuring
  7. Personally, I usually just SH AGT so again, no idea.

D

Deleted member

• How fast is Tink's jump squat? I can't seem to DACUS, so I'm guessing <4 frames.
  • How fast is Tink's nair?
  • How good is WD OoS?
  • TINK'S ROLL IS SO ******* BAD. Is there ever an appropriate time to use this over WD OoS?
  • What frame does grounded up-b come out on?
  • Does aerial up-b on frame 1 in the air provide good coverage? Is it ever worth using over grounded up-b OoS?
  • Shield grabbing is really slow (obviously a trade-off for the range). Is it ever a good option?
  • I can't seem to glide toss (grounded) with Tink at all. I play ROB and can do it with him. Can Tink do it?
Thanks, guys! I'll be posting some video material in the video thread soon.
1. Toonlink has a 3 frame jump squat like fox, pikachu, and the other characters that cannot DACUS.
2. Toonlinks nair comes out on frame 4
3. Toonlinks wavedash is kind of standard, his waveland is what really shines. Wavedash OOS is probably what you'd use vs. stuff like falco lasers, but toonlink has better OOS option punishes
4. Toonlinks roll definitely isn't the greatest, I think the only time you could use it would be to buffer one vs insane spacie shield pressure
5. Grounded Up B comes out on frame 3 iirc.
6. Shield Grabbing is a good option when your opponent does something really unsafe on shield ofcourse. Lets say Metaknight goes for a down b read but you shield the down b, now he has a TON of cool down and you have a big opportunity to shield grab and punish.
7. Toonlink does not have a glide toss on the ground, he only has an aerial glide toss

The guy above me didn't answer your questions very well.

Girth94

Smash Cadet
1. Toonlink has a 3 frame jump squat like fox, pikachu, and the other characters that cannot DACUS.
2. Toonlinks nair comes out on frame 4
3. Toonlinks wavedash is kind of standard, his waveland is what really shines. Wavedash OOS is probably what you'd use vs. stuff like falco lasers, but toonlink has better OOS option punishes
4. Toonlinks roll definitely isn't the greatest, I think the only time you could use it would be to buffer one vs insane spacie shield pressure
5. Grounded Up B comes out on frame 3 iirc.
6. Shield Grabbing is a good option when your opponent does something really unsafe on shield ofcourse. Lets say Metaknight goes for a down b read but you shield the down b, now he has a TON of cool down and you have a big opportunity to shield grab and punish.
7. Toonlink does not have a glide toss on the ground, he only has an aerial glide toss

The guy above me didn't answer your questions very well.
Thanks, Lunchables. You da man.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Sorry, I just wanted to tell the OP about AGT OoS and had nothing better to do so I decided to answer to the best of my abilities.
There is no problem with that, if you are able to answer to a certain degree that is better than nothing and more experienced players, like in this case Lunchables can still answer with more details.

Top Bottom