• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tink's nair to up+B?

Boomhound

Smash Apprentice
Now I feel crazy for mentioning this 'cos I've yet to see anyone else apply it.. But in theory it seems pretty sound and I've gotten mileage out of it.
Basically Toon link has a great short-hop and his nair comes out quickly and leads to easy follow-ups- his up+B comes out on frame 2 and allows you to back-out so it compensates if your nair connects on shield. Due to wave-dashing out of shield being much more difficult in PM, I think this approach is much more difficult to punish than one would think.
....Or maybe I'm trying to play Toon Link like Fox :p
Opinions and flaming much appreciated.

MrDoubleT

Smash Rookie
Up B doesn't come out on frame 2, it's like 7 or something (just pulling this off the top of my head). But yeah, nair into up b works at low percents, and it can easily setup for a tech chase.

EDIT: just checked, it's frame 8

Last edited:

InTheGroove

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2595-1182-3735
In most situations where you can link Tink's nair to grounded up-b a grab could be frame linked instead. The only time I go for a grounded up-b instead is if the opponent sdi's towards me and ends up behind me or if I'm facing a spacy and I'm confident in getting something from a tech read.

Boomhound

Smash Apprentice
Good idea using it for such an SDI situation.
I would assume that Toon-Link's up+B is most useful OOS, despite that I've been trying to improve my non-camp game cos I feel most Tink players have carried over their strats from Brawl, which doesn't really utilize his new Nair.
Nair to grab seems much more punishable to me, but I can't find the frame data for it so I may be wrong.

Edit: In P:M version 2.6b the grab frames were 10-19.

Last edited:
Top Bottom