• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tingle for new Sandbag?

Tera253

Smash Ace
Just to let you know, Tingle is actually extremely popular in Japan. I mean like insanely, crazy popular. He might even end up as a playable character after all. I seriously doubt that they'd put in one of the most popular characters from Zelda in just as a punching bag. Imagine if they did that with your favorite character instead. How would you feel? Besides, think of all the benefits of having Tingle be playable:

Think of all the shame you could bring your friends if you owned them with THAT.:laugh: :laugh:

Ouch. that is certainly a pride-killer.
~Tera253~

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Nah HiddenT. I just can't take Tingle for a serious contender. He's a joke, a loser, & da butt of every Legend of Zelda joke.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
In America, yes. In Japan, he's a frikkin' superstar. They even gave him his own game for cryin' out loud. I'm just saying, don't rule him out.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Aye, but remember that Sakurai said that Japan-only characters would not really be coming in too much. and as far as playability goes, Tingle is Japan-only.
~Tera253~

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Aye, but remember that Sakurai said that Japan-only characters would not really be coming in too much. and as far as playability goes, Tingle is Japan-only.
~Tera253~
Does that mean it will ALWAYS be a Japan only game? no, and Tingle's fanbase spreads out of Japan. Why else would people dress up as him at Comicon?

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
~Tera253~
Playability or not, Tingle isn't a Japan-only character. He's been in games that have been released in America, therefore he is not exlcusive to Japan. And like HMBG says, Mogitate Chinkuru no Barairo Ruppīrando. may not stay a Japan-only game for all we know. Only time will tell.

Tera253

Smash Ace
notice how Tera only said 'as far as playability goes'
she said nothing about seeing him here.
~Tera253~

Tera253

Smash Ace
doyou mean Tingle for new sandbag (more likely) or what hemightbegiant said?

Tera's support for this idea isn't going to die that soon.
~Tera253~

Top Bottom